cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbedi
Contributor III
Message 1 of 25

my website is showing "RED" warning by mcafee siteadvisor. How do I get my website confirmed by McAfee?

Jump to solution

I had registered a new name cookerypro.com on 23rd May 2014  and have been renewing since then without making a website. Now when i created a website i found the following Waring that this website is dangerous in the category of Phishing.  Even without website it is showing  warning : trouble ahead, Whoa ! etc

In view of your warnings to us as well as to other millions of viewer on the net, i am unable to setup our website.

When i  looked at the report i discovered that your activation was on 7th January 2009 and it was last seen on 23rd December 2009.  but i had purchased this domain ie  cookerypro.com on 23rd May 2014  . 

Please Advice

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rsbedi
Contributor III
Message 23 of 25

Re: my website is showing "RED" warning by mcafee siteadvisor. How do I get my website confirmed by McAfee?

Jump to solution

Thanks alot and for all your support .. my website is verified now. it is showing green tick ..
m happy now
thank you

View solution in original post

24 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 25

Re: my website is showing "RED" warning by mcafee siteadvisor. How do I get my website confirmed by McAfee?

Jump to solution

Moved from Community Interface Help > Web Advisor > Disussions for better assistance.

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 25

Jump to solution

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to help resolve your issues. Creating a Ticket with ' Trusted Source ' is by far the quickest route.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 25

Jump to solution

I might add also, hopefully one of my Colleague's whom is most knowledgeable in regards to such issues, will pick up this thread and add to the discussion. His Geographical location being in the U.K. So possibly when he awakes.....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
rsbedi
Contributor III
Message 5 of 25

Jump to solution

Ok .. i'll wait  for further reply

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 25

Jump to solution

I would still create a Ticket with Trusted Source of course. There can be a lot of variables causing the Site Rating, and as I mentioned he delves further into the possibilities causing such.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 7 of 25

Re: Re: my website is showing "RED" warning by mcafee siteadvisor. How do I get my website confirmed by McAfee?

Jump to solution

Hi rsbedi,

This post is just to mention my own preliminary results when checking your website URL and the associated IP address, while awaiting more in-depth analysis from the colleague Catdaddy mentioned.

McAfee's Trusted Source is indeed flagging your website for phishing.  However, in checking the site and IP address via Securi, URLvoid, IPvoid, VirusTotal, & hosts-file.net, I am not seeing any issues being reported at this time.

I concur with Catdaddy's advice that you submit a ticket at Trusted Source so they can re-evaluate your site's rating.  Doing so will give you a "head-start" on the re-evaluation process.

Hope this helps a little and best regards,

Pete C.

(Retired  former Volunteer SA/WebAdvisor  reviewer)

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 25

Jump to solution

Thanks For your valuable input..  Always good to hear from you Friend.

All the very Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 9 of 25

Re: Re: my website is showing "RED" warning by mcafee siteadvisor. How do I get my website confirmed by McAfee?

Jump to solution

(For CD😞  Thanks for the mention.  I still drop by as I'm able.

(For rsbedi😞 One additional note about your website (which I forgot to mention) is that the Trusted Source red rating may be based upon the site's activities BEFORE you acquired it.  Hence, another reason for submitting a re-evaluation request ticket to them now, as Catdaddy recommended..

Cheers everyone!

Pete C.

(Retired former volunteer SA/WebAdvisor Reviewer)

rsbedi
Contributor III
Message 10 of 25

Jump to solution

thank you  and .i had already used "Trusted Source" "check url option and submitted my url for review. but there is no response from there side.

I am worried as the malware they are talking about was last seen in 2009 and i had purchased this domain in 2014 . even before publishing my website it was showing RED sign.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community