cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonobpl
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

mcafee siteadvisor site review

Seeking new reviews for my site in mcafee siteadvisor. It was previously subjected to negative comments based on assumptions or groupthink. I've never distributed trojans, viruses or engaged in phishing scams, and I'm not too sure where those wrong assumptions came from.

www.siteadvisor.com/sites/removeadware.com.au

To set things straight, I've had the site checked out by verisign (seal on-site) and confirmed as malware free. Also cleared by mywot, siteadvisor, virustotal and norton sites. Hphosts had it listed i believe mainly due to a software review I'd done on Noadware, considered as "bad" by some security sites. So removed that review and improved my privacy policy and disclaimer to include affiliate relationships. Now 100% in the clear with hphosts.

Please give an honest review based on evidence.

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: mcafee siteadvisor site review

Moved this to SiteAdvisor.   It's showing green at the moment so all is well.  I added a good comment, which appeared twice as I thought it hadn't taken the first time, no harm done.

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I believe there may be a problem with site advisor.I know other people were having problems with downloads as i was a few months ago.Yesterday i noticed site advisor review pop up looked like this.Could this be part of a bigger problem?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

That looks like their servers are acting up again as mine is doing exactly the same thing.

If it continues by Monday I'll mention it on our weekly conference call.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thanks,I noticed it on Thursday.Not sure if it started before that.

Arkamond
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Im also getting that error... Also Siteadvisor really needs to redo there website. It loads super slow and I can access any other website much much much faster. Siteadvisor takes around 45 to a minute.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community