cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McSam
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

infinite IE browser windows

SiteAdvisor keeps popping up its "New Features" window, and no matter what I click it then opens up a new browser window, infinitely!
3 Replies
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: infinite IE browser windows

McSam, what operating system and Service Packs are you using?

I don't have that problem with XP Pro SP3.
McSam
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

probably a virus or trojan

that's my latest thinking about that problem which, btw, has disappeared after scans with several other anti-spyware programs. I believe I was infected with one of those "trojan-clicker.win32.vb" from a pseudo "Flash Player Update." I'm surprised that my VirusScan didn't pick it up.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

RE: probably a virus or trojan

I'm surprised that my VirusScan didn't pick it up.

The malware purveyors are producing their wares faster than cockroaches in a Bronx N.Y. tenement and that is why MBAM and SUPERantispyware are updated several times a day.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community