cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdlouhy
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

green mcafee bar

im using firefox and the green bar has disappeared and when i do a google search there are no green checkmarks to say a site is safe. how do i get these back.

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: green mcafee bar

Moved to SiteAdvisor.  What McAfee security software do you have?   I need to know if it was SiteAdvisor or SiteAdvisor Plus.

Check your Firefox Add-ons > Extensions that SiteAdvisor isn't disabled.  Also can you check what version of Firefox you are using plkease (Help/About)?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/04/11 1:30:33 EDT PM
rdlouhy
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

it's site advisor

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

OK, if it's no longer showing in Extensions you can always download it again at http://www.siteadvisor.com

What version of Firefox are you using?

rdlouhy
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

im using 4.0. is that a safe site?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

OK for FF 4 please see the announcement at the top of this section:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/web_email/siteadvisor

Yes, that's the main SiteAdvsior website.

There are one or two glitches with these new browsers such as occasional back & reload buttons not working and in IE9, the icon sometimes appears over the top of other controls..sometimes.

This is caused by SiteAdvsior 3.3.1.129 and is being worked on and should be correted soon.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community