cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

downrightnow.com/yahoomail; Why has SA just given it a RED rating?

Jump to solution

Good afternoon everyone,

Just noticed that SiteAdvisor has just now began flagging downrightnow.com/yahoomail as high risk.  All linked sites are green, and I see no reason at Trusted Source for this sudden change.  Checked the site via Securi, VirusTotal, hpHosts, WOT, and urlquery.  The only one of those that a possible issue seemed to be indicated, was urlquery, but not certain.

I've used the downrightnow.com site for some time now and this is the first time I have encountered an issue with the specific URL shown above.

My question:  Can someone provide clarification as to the reason for this sudden rating change for this one specific part of the downrightnow.com website?

Many thanks for your time and any edification.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 7/26/13 12:14:50 PM EDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: downrightnow.com/yahoomail; Why has SA just given it a RED rating?

Jump to solution

Yes, I see it too. "Malicious Site", for that subdomain only. All other subdomains are Green.

So something on that particular page. Sucuri shows an iframe, displaying a Facebook Like. Maybe the iframe destination got switched to deliver malware?

urlquery results are 100% as expected for site and server. Nothing there.

I suspect this is either a false positive or if not whatever triggered it is intermittent.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Yes, I see it too. "Malicious Site", for that subdomain only. All other subdomains are Green.

So something on that particular page. Sucuri shows an iframe, displaying a Facebook Like. Maybe the iframe destination got switched to deliver malware?

urlquery results are 100% as expected for site and server. Nothing there.

I suspect this is either a false positive or if not whatever triggered it is intermittent.

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

I appreciate your follow-up and info, Hayton!

Hopefully, it will get cleared up before too long.

[ADDENDUM]:  I reported this issue to the downrightnow.com site staff @ 6:00 p.m. (U.S. EST) and asked them to investigate on their end.

[UPDATE - July 28th]:  Response received from staff at downrightnow.com shown below:

Hi Pete,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I do see that McAfee has flagged our Yahoo Mail details page as a "Malicious Site", but I believe it to be a false alarm. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary on that page and other site scanners like Sucuri currently show the page and site overall are clean.

I have requested that McAfee re-evalute the page. Again, thanks for the heads-up.

Regards,

Chris

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 7/28/13 3:20:31 AM EDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community