cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvissche
Contributor III
Message 11 of 18

Re: domain name blacklist false positive?

Hi everyone, Mark here (SiteAdvisor PM).

Building on Hayton's previous comments, all site ratings are determined by McAfee GTI (Trusted Source) - this central database feeds both the SiteAdvisor plug-in as well as the site report pages. 

The process to contact Trusted Source to appeal a site's rating is linked by Hayton above. 

While this may not be of immediate help, I also want to let everyone know that we plan to introduce a streamlined appeal process in the site report page very soon.  Site owners will be able to log in and appeal a site rating through a web form on the page, which feeds directly into the GTI Trusted Source site ratings team.  We put this requirement in place in an attempt to help optimize the process and also enhance the user experience so site owners can manage these issues in one central place.

As always, thanks for using SiteAdvisor as we continue striving to offer you the best web protection possible.

Cheers,

Mark

rstefanov
Former Member
Message 12 of 18

Hello again,

This is what I got for reply:

"Closed:  All processing of this request is complete and verified

within the reported list."

How does this help at all? I need to know why our domain name was marked, nothing else. I even got some weird email from you guys who says I have asked you to install your software? Really? My tickets clearly states that I need to fix blacklisted domain name.

I cant contact any support, because they always tell me to write somewhere else, then the other people ask me to contact first people again. wth? SiteAdvisor, TrustedSource - it is the same bloody company behind all.

Please tell me who I need to contact to reselove this. Getting really fed up. Do I have to pay to someone who knows how to deal with you legally, so Ican get an  answer of a simple question: how to fix it? I have been contacting lots of companies regarding similar problems for other websites and all of them were way easier to speak to - which means things get sorted out quickly.

Is it my provider? Is it some code you dont like? Is it some other account on our server? It is so simple to answer. I have been told from lots of people how difficult is to contact you, but this is getting too long and time consuming.

I do understand this is not the place to report this. So tell me: how to contact someone (human being) on the phone, office, email w/e, just somehow to get things done.

Regards,
Radoslav Stefanov

mvissche
Contributor III
Message 13 of 18

Hi Radoslav, what exactly is the issue?

I can navigate to your site (http://rstefanov.com) fine with SiteAdvisor - it shows green. 

Best,

Mark

rstefanov
Former Member
Message 14 of 18

Hello, Mark, and thank you for your reply.

Well, the problem is we are getting a few false reports from different companies and one of them was and still is from mcafee. Originally, it was an issue with our DC and previous people who were using some of our current ip addresses. Everything is sorted tho, except:

For example: http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/rstefanov.com

I did contact them, since a few clients on our server were complaining. They said you need to clear our website via your API.

Quote:

Dre replied:

Hi there, as soon as they clear the site via their API it will clear on SiteCheck as well.

Thanks,

Dre

I have made a lot of tests during the last few days and as far as I can tell, its false positive. Maybe you can point me to the right dirrection and I am sorry if I sound a bit harsh.

So all I am asking is if our website is clean, update your API please. If not, tell us what is wrong (tho I cant find anything wrong).

Thanks,

Radoslav Stefanov

Message was edited by: rstefanov on 2/11/13 1:33:43 PM CST
mvissche
Contributor III
Message 15 of 18

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for the clarification, it sounds like SiteCheck uses some SiteAdvisor API to query safety status.  Let me dig into this and I'll respond to this thread.

Cheers,
mark

rstefanov
Former Member
Message 16 of 18

Thank you, sir, finally someone useful.

mvissche
Contributor III
Message 17 of 18

Hi Radoslav, I think we are all set - I received this response from our internal Trusted Source folks:

I have verified that we are publishing rstefanov.com as green in Trusted Source and SiteAdvisor.

In the threat portal, (http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/domain/default.aspx?domain=rstefanov.com) the rating is published as green but thedaily web reputation trend shows this domain as red.  (this is because this chart is not publishing current data at the moment. It is my understanding that this is being addressed)

To my knowledge there is noagreement with Sucuri.net.

I just checked this domain using the link you provided, http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/rstefanov.com

and it is now also returning  a green rating for this domain.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Mark

rstefanov
Former Member
Message 18 of 18

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for your help, everything is green now. Much appreciated!

Once again I am sorry if I was a bit harsh or even rude. I believe you will understand someone who had to fill loads of different forms every day and nothing got done at the end. You can mark this topic as solved.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Radi

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community