Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d4david
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

discount-london-tours.com : rating query and ownership verification question

Hi McFee

One of my sites is also showing up red on SiteAdvisor and I would be greatful if someone could review it again.

discount-london-tours.com

I've tried to verify ownership, but am also getting the "HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages." error message.

Regards, David

4 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: discount-london-tours.com : rating query and ownership verification question

I've branched this from the main site-owner-verification thread because you have two separate questions, and this is better dealt with in a thread of its own.

First, the site-verification question : I've asked SiteAdvisor to provide a User Guide to registering a site, but it hasn't appeared and I'm beginning to think it won't come along any time soon. I know you have to put a specially-named empty file in the root directory of the server.  The question has been asked many times, and the closest I've come to a definitive explanation of what to do is contained in this thread. Let me know if any of that helps.

Now, as to your site : SiteAdvisor gives it a Red rating because TrustedSource is marking it as a Malicious Site.

discount-london-tours.com - Domain - McAfee Labs Threat Center.png

There are problems with your site according to BrowserDefender -

Browser Defender™ - PC Tools - Results- discount-london-tours.com.png

Norton SafeWeb -

Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - report for discount-london-tours.com.png

Norton Safe Web, from Symantec - safety & threats.png

MalwareURL -

MalwareURL.png

and Cisco IronPort

Cisco IronPort SenderBase Security Network.png

This last report seems to point the finger at the IP address rather than the site itself, but has implications for your email traffic :

Poor = A problematic level of threat activity has been observed from your IP address or domain. Your email or Web traffic is likely to be filtered or blocked*.

Your domain name gives an IP address which is apparently provided by Group NBT plc Shared Hosting in London (or, according to one source, Douglas in the Isle of Man). The Project Honeypot site is currently down for maintenance but Google provides this initial summary of the IP address :

The Project Honey Pot system has detected behavior from the IP address <redactedthat is consistent with that of a Bad Web Host.

From the comment in MalwareURL either your site or - perhaps more likely - another site hosted on the same server is acting as a SpyEye Drop Zone. You might want to have discussions with your hosting provider. And there are indications of malware activity on the server last December - see

http://lists.clean-mx.com/pipermail/viruswatch/20111216/029335.html

There were other leads to explore, but I think that's enough to be going on with. Let me know how you get on.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 09/02/12 04:18:31 GMT

Message was edited by: Hayton on 22/02/12 05:59:54 GMT
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: discount-london-tours.com : rating query and ownership verification question

@d4david :

Jive (who supply the board system we use here) have fixed the bug that caused images to be lost from the above post. I've re-uploaded the missing screenshots, so it should make better sense now.

lakshmanans
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Dear d4david,

i think McAfee fixed this issue ....

siteadvisor.JPG

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/discount-london-tours.com

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

And so it is. Also Green on Trustedsource.

[Green] http---www.discount-london-tours.com.png

But the problem was always more likely to be with the IP address rather than with the site, and the question of whether the server has been compromised by a malware attack hasn't been answered. If it has, the Red rating could come back at any time.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community