cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbrought
Former Member
Message 1 of 16

Why would my website be classified "Malicious"?!

Jump to solution

It's taken me days of investigation to get to this point, but now I'm stumped as to why my website would be considered malicious

First I noticed my advertised posts on my Facebook business page had mysteriously disappeared. After days of reading other people's similar problems, and trying to get support from Facebook (to no avail), I realized my domain had been blocked by Facebook.  After more investigation, I've come to the conclusion that it's related to the 'Malicious' and 'High Risk' reports from SiteAdvisor

I very much doubt the website has been hacked.  My website is powered by RealEstateWebmasters.com - they develop/manage hundreds of Realtors websites across North America.  I don't do any spamming or other stupid things to hurt my reputation... reputation is everything to Realtors, and this 'Risky website' nonsense has me very concerned.  People are seeing big warning messages when they try to come to my website, my AdWords links have red x's beside them, Facebook isn't letting me advertise at all, and who knows what else that I'm not aware of... scaring away potential clients, and not being able to advertise existing clients' homes... this is terrible, and will ruin my career if not fixed

I have filled out as many forms as I could find at McAfee, so hopefully someone gets it and looks into it for me, but I'd like to know if there's a form or something somewhere that will give me more info than just 'Malicious Site', like what specifically they thought was malicious?

I can see that McAfee is the only one having problems with my website:

FireShot Capture - Sucuri SiteCheck - Free Website Malware_ - https___sitecheck.sucuri.net_results.png

FireShot Capture - Scan report for at UTC - VirusTotal_ - https___www.virustotal.com_en_url_50.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 16

Re: Why would my website be classified "Malicious"?!

Jump to solution

Register at trusted source  and dispute the rating you should get this fixed in 2 days at the most if not post back and I will ask higher up the food chain.

Post the ticket id and in comments mention what the list you posted said.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 16

Jump to solution

Register at trusted source  and dispute the rating you should get this fixed in 2 days at the most if not post back and I will ask higher up the food chain.

Post the ticket id and in comments mention what the list you posted said.

jbrought
Former Member
Message 3 of 16

Jump to solution

Thanks Peacekeeper, I have done that (3 times according to the emails I got back lol).  I was wondering if there was anywhere I could find out WHAT triggered this myself, before having to wait X number of days to hear back from someone.

My first Ticket ID is 1006139

I'm not sure what you mean by "mention what the list you posted said."

I've now learned this is preventing me from posting to Instagram too... just love telling clients I'm going to do something, then don't/can't ;(

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 4 of 16

Re: Re: Why would my website be classified "Malicious"?!

Jump to solution

Hi jbrought,

The info shown below is an observation I made on the Securi site regarding your website (just something to supplement what Peacekeeper has already stated). 

Web Server Details

Scan for: http://www.londonontariorealestate.com/

Hostname: www.londonontariorealestate.com

IP address: 74.205.17.192

System Details:

Running on: nginx/1.0.15

Outdated Web Server Nginx Found: nginx/1.0.15

Best regards,

Pete C.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 16

Jump to solution

Hi Pete !    Always good to hear from ya...

Cheers,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

I meant in the comments area add the fact that only Mcafee complains re your site.

Asked up the line to see if I can stir things up also maybe what spc3d said might help.

jbrought
Former Member
Message 7 of 16

Jump to solution

It has been fixed!

Thank you Peacekeeper, spc3rd, and McAfee

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

great

jbrought
Former Member
Message 9 of 16

Jump to solution

I see that Sucuri SiteCheck - Free Website Malware Scanner still shows it as a problem, and Facebook still won't let me post my URL, but I'm guessing it's just a matter of time to propagate?

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 10 of 16

Jump to solution

(For jbrought😞

Glad you're good to go now.  Kudos to Peacekeeper!

(For CD😞

Thanks CD.  I drop-in here as I'm able to......still 'hanging-on', one day at a time.

Have a good one!

Pete C.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community