Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cameronring
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Why is my new site rated yellow?

Jump to solution

Someone just told me my site for my new chocolate business is flagged yellow. Looking at the report doesn't give me any information why it was flagged that way. How do I get this fixed?

Thanks,

cam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Re: Why is my new site rated yellow?

Jump to solution

If you bought the domain name from some organisation, it may be that the previous incarnation of your site name was responsible for sending spam emails. I see that this name is noted as having becoming available in August 2009, so someone had it before you.

It's also possible that the server on which you are being hosted has been compromised in some way, or that another website on that server is sending out spam (in which case your site gets flagged by association) - except that nothing shows up on McAfee Threat Intelligence for your IP address, or for any others near it.

So I think that this is probably a false positive. You'll have to ask the SiteAdvisor team to investigate and clear the yellow warning. You can do that by submitting a request - details are in documents at :

How To Contact SiteAdvisor and

McAfee SiteAdvisor Site Rating Explanation + Appeal Process

See also http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url

Message was edited by: Hayton on 05/06/11 03:40:52 IST

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

TrustedSource is associating your site with spam emails, which may not be your fault at all.

You say this is a new site, so knowing a few of the details will help : how long has the site been up and running? And who is hosting your site?

I'll see what I can find out about this.

Nice site, btw. Definitely one for chocolate lovers.

AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

I can't find any reference to spam searching Google, and there's nothing on MyWOT.com, either.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

If you bought the domain name from some organisation, it may be that the previous incarnation of your site name was responsible for sending spam emails. I see that this name is noted as having becoming available in August 2009, so someone had it before you.

It's also possible that the server on which you are being hosted has been compromised in some way, or that another website on that server is sending out spam (in which case your site gets flagged by association) - except that nothing shows up on McAfee Threat Intelligence for your IP address, or for any others near it.

So I think that this is probably a false positive. You'll have to ask the SiteAdvisor team to investigate and clear the yellow warning. You can do that by submitting a request - details are in documents at :

How To Contact SiteAdvisor and

McAfee SiteAdvisor Site Rating Explanation + Appeal Process

See also http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url

Message was edited by: Hayton on 05/06/11 03:40:52 IST
cameronring
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply! The site is hosted by a dedicated virtual instance that only has our site on it (the company where the host lives is called Slicehost). I've had that instance for over a year but only put that site on it in the last few months. Ok, I'll file a support request.

Thanks for the help!

cam

ps: check us out if you want some bean to bar chocolate 🙂

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Cam,

Your wares look delicious and being made in/near my favourite city S.F. will certainly be an added inducement to my buying something soon.

Good luck with the site rating.

Edit:  I ignored my ever-expanding waistline and ordered anyway. 😉

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/06/11 10:25:38 EDT AM
AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

I'm impressed with the fair trade aspects of your business, too. You might want to add a privacy/cookie policy for your online shop to maintain good reviews on MyWOT.com as well.

on 6/5/11 9:17:48 AM GMT-05:00
cameronring
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Getting a direct relationship with the growers is big part of making great chocolate. We can pay them a living wage and get a much better product in return. Good point on having a PP; we'll add that to our list of todos.

The ticket I opened on the Trusted Source page has been resolved and we're now showing up as green. Thanks for all the  help!

cam

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

That's great, all the best. 😉

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Nice. just wrapping this up ...

dandelionchocolate.com - McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search.png

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community