cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimr
Former Member
Message 71 of 79

Re: Why does latest update cause debugging program to open in Outlook 2003?

Hi Dinesh,

I have identified the problem and the solution in my previous posts.

Simply, or perhaps no so simple, someone in IT needs to define the missing functions and their internal code in the JavaScript file, safe_im.js. All the details are in my prior posts.

I am willing to help you test a fix; however, I do not have the expertise to define what code needs to go into the missing functions.

Jim

jimr
Former Member
Message 72 of 79

Dinesh,

I replied to your email 4 hours ago. I am still waiting to hear from you!

Jim

Message was edited by: jimr on 1/28/11 2:22:44 PM CST
jimr
Former Member
Message 73 of 79

Just a follow up for the forum...

I spoke with Dinesh, who captured some logs while we recreated the problem. I also received a modified JavaScript file, safe_im.js, which Dinesh said came from Tech Support. I inspected the file and the offending statements were removed.

The initial results of the test with the new file looks promising, but I will continue opening my email throughout the weekend to confirm whether or not the fix is working. So far since Friday evening, I have not received the error or any other error as I open emails with or without links in them.

I will send Dinesh an email on Sunday night (USA Eastern) with my findings, as well as post them in this thread. Subsequently, as long as I do not encounter any problems, Dinesh will respond back to this thread with information regarding the roll out of the fix.

Jim

jimr
Former Member
Message 74 of 79

Just a follow up for the forum...

So far since Friday evening, I have not received the error or any other error as I open emails with or without links in them.

I sent Dinesh an email on Sunday in regards to my findings. I expect Dinesh will respond back to this thread with information regarding the roll out of the fix.

Jim

roadkill42
Contributor
Message 75 of 79

Just FYI, Outlook 2007 displays the same problem, but then, it isn't an Outlook problem. I too am waiting for the resoponse from McAfee.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 76 of 79

Hi,

Could you please let us know the version of your Site Advisor. Also, could you please provide us with a screen shot for the same.

roadkill42
Contributor
Message 77 of 79

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sorry but the screen shot didn't get loaded so I pasted it into a file and attached that.

I'm using site Advisor Plus  Version 3.3, build 3.3.0.176l Last update was 1/25/2011.

Hope this helps.

panzer1
Former Member
Message 78 of 79

Thanks, my problem with outlook 2003 has gone away.

Comet
Former Member
Message 79 of 79

Thread can be closed.  PAK update released 31 January 2011 resolved the issue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community