Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulvij33
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Why My site is suspicious?

https://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/muaythaischolar.com

Mcafee is showing my site as suspicious but I dont have any idea why. Please help me to fix it.

11 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Re: Why My site is suspicious?

Moved to Web and Email Protection > Site Advisor > Discussions > By Moderator

Please follow these Guidelines and Instructions. The quickest method being submitting through Trusted Source.

Wishing you all the very BEST

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Troja
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

your website linkes to a site which is know as a "Spam URLs" categorized site.

1) Test with McAfee Webgateway

Capture1.JPG

When opening your website you are redirected to this site. The site is classified as "Spam URLs".

2) Analyzing this with another tool other vendors are also detecting your site as "Malicious site"

- in my test a file named "tracker.exe" was downloaded.

3) Sandboxing detected the following malicious behavior.

Capture2.JPG

4) Your website redirects to many other websites just when opening it.

Capture3.JPG

Hmmm, any questions??

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Very elegant. I wish we had those tools.

Quttera turns up a WordPress plugin (/wp-content/plugins/arqam/assets/style.css) as a suspicious file, but that's about it.

The file is a CSS file but contains about 20K of Base64 code. Maybe malicious, maybe not.

http://quttera.com/detailed_report/muaythaischolar.com

And Sucuri notes several cached javascript files (such as the one below) but does not flag them as suspect

hxxp://www.muaythaischolar.com/wp-content/cache/minify/000000/LchhCoAgDEDhC2UjPJHatJVzNhXq9hX048HHs7CfA_We7A_DlNR1nJnKtEB0Ab3IYapLaKoKS0c1mdLWvVzvQabBQCXksWKDqFI6tNC-Hg.js

aaron2447
Former Member
Message 5 of 12

Hi, thanks for helping. This is my site, the thread was started by a freelancer that was working for me. I realised that I had some ads on my site which didn't have a "nofollow" tag inserted into the code, so I have either removed the ad or added those tags, but the problem still remains. I can't figure out what the problem is, any suggestions? Thanks again.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

While your profile indicates that you may be utilizing Site Advisor Enterprise, have you tried following Colleague Hayton,s  advice? For he is most knowledgeable in all aspects of Site Advisor.

Just thought I would add that....

Wishing you all the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

(Consumer Products)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
aaron2447
Former Member
Message 7 of 12

Thanks. I just noticed Hayton mentioned a plugin Arqam, which is my social profiles. Could it mean that there are fake followers on one of them??

aaron2447
Former Member
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for your response Hayton. Could it be that the social profiles on the Arqam plugin have fake followers on them? Also, the report shows that I have 100 external links, but I'm pretty sure I don't have that many?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 12

I'll look into it.  There were some suspect external connections which need to be investigated. A re-check may now give a different result from the one we had before.

aaron2447
Former Member
Message 10 of 12

Thank you very much !

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community