cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HPL
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Where is the link to the SA v26.6 XPI for Firefox?

After the horrors of installing SA 29.x and finding out that it was a Javascript- popup- and MSIE- (!!!) based resource-hogging junk, I immediately reverted to 26.6 and disabled its update checking in Firefox. Unfortunately, I accidentally allowed SA 26.6 to check for updates today. It informed me of v28.x; I investigated, saw that it was an .xpi file with no hidden contents inside, and so I installed it, thinking that perhaps a miracle has happened and the useless version was abandoned.

Unfortunately, while the 28.x version is indeed an extension, it also acts like any standard trojan, by downloading the 4 MB installer for SA 29.x every time Firefox starts, and then attempting to run it and install the bloated and useless "new" version. Without my permission or asking for it, of course.

I uninstalled and wiped all traces of SA, of course, but I still would like to return to the useful and working 26.6. Unfortunately, it's no longer available from the official website, where its download is replaced by either the trojan-like 28 or the useless 29. Where can it be found?
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Where is the link to the SA v26.6 XPI for Firefox?

You'll have to trawl the internet for that. We don't allow any links here to expired versions. If you hate SiteAdvisor's modus operandi so much why aren't you using WOT or similar?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community