cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWH803
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

What’s the buzz on “current” downloadable version?

August 20, 2008

Just downloaded SiteAdvisor install exe, which doesn’t provide version information, and after installation I find that it is version 2.8.255. I see from Hopera’s post that he got version 2.8.271 yesterday. XP SP3 IE7

Version 2.8.255 contains at least the three defects noted in this forum:
1) Blue “About” pop-up will not close;
2) Blue “Settings” pop-up will not close;
3) Green "Browser Icon" will not stay in preferred IE7 location.

What’s the buzz on “current” downloadable version and when will the defects be removed?
Labels (2)
4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

RE: What’s the buzz on “current” downloadable version?

It varies between those with SiteAdvisor Plus and the regular SiteAdvisor and with area right now. Plus versions are shown differently in different browsers. The new versions are only just going out to the servers apparently and not everyone has it yet.

The issue with the icon are known and they are working on it.

See: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=222521

I only have 2.8.255 myself.
hopera
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

where I got 2.8.271

http://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/IE/upgrade/1/saSetup64.exe.

But trust me when I say you must uninstall your current version, install new version and reboot after each action. I tried the lazy man's way first and it just kept reporting the old version. Only when I did it 'clean' did it work.

But please also note my earlier post about the problems still there. And now I'm really concerned about the list hidden on my computer and I too question where else this list is.

Also, can any tell me if there is other information embedded in this list?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

RE: where I got 2.8.271

As I stated in another thread, that issue is waiting a reply from my flagging the issue.

I don't think there is any other info there, just basically a list of websites.
jopa66
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

latest version

I also have the latest version 2.8.271. In my case, it was an auto-update to version 2.8.255. I am running XP SP-3 & IE7. I am happy to say that at least the three defects mentioned here have been rectified:
1) Blue “About” pop-up will not close;
2) Blue “Settings” pop-up will not close;
3) Green "Browser Icon" will not stay in preferred IE7 location.

Also, can any tell me if there is other information embedded in this list?

As for the list of websites, the files can be opened with Notepad. The info seems to be exactly what you get by hovering the mouse on the green button, then clicking the "read site report" link. The information contained is not a concern - the very existence of the list is more a concern IMO. I await the response to the outstanding query on this one. And BTW- thanks to Ex_Brit for due diligence in pursuing this matter.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community