cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
six-h
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

What's happened to the "Highlighting"

I've just done a factory re-set, and had to ride the rocky road back from 2003!!!
The only thing that is now different is that I have .NET Framework ver.3.5 rather than .NET ver.3
and now, all I see to warn me of a site's potential danger is a minuscule coloured dot.
C'mon guys, I really miss the great slashes of red and green that even I couldn't fail to see!!
Surely there must be a way to get them back???
4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

RE: What's happened to the "Highlighting"

Many people complained aboiut it actually. However, I'm sure that the SA team are interested in everyone's input.

There is a form you can use in the following link to contact them. It takes a while for them to get back to you but please feel free to use it.
http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=217274
six-h
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Highligher vs. dots!

Thanks for your help Peter,
I've followed your link, and voiced my preference!
I can understand some people may think that the slashes of Highlighter make their display look a bit untidy, but at least it was difficult to click unknowingly on a dodgy link, even if you were in a rush.
I feel that this conservative form of indication is somewhat of a retrograde step.
It would be nice if the programming wizards at McAfee could devise some way of choosing which style the warnings should take.
Regards,
Geoff.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

RE: Highligher vs. dots!

Agreed. wink
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

RE: Highligher vs. dots!

Actually, I have SiteAdvisor Plus so not sure if the choice exists in regular SiteAdvisor. Click the arrow next to the toolbar icon and select Settings. There is the ability to have limited highlighting as shown in the thumbnail.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community