cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drghughes
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

What is the current SiteAdvisor version in Chrome?

I have two Chrome profiles.

In the first profile SiteAdvisor is version 3.6.4.1311:

McAfee SiteAdvisor - 2014_0125a.JPG

In the second profile SiteAdvisor is version 3.61.113.2

McAfee SiteAdvisor - 2014_0125b.JPG

Which version is up to date?

How do I update the old version to the new version?

This is on Windows 7 SP1 64 bit.  There is only one copy of SiteAdvisor installed according to the Control Panel Uninstall list and that has version 3.6.176.

Thanks

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: What is the current SiteAdvisor version in Chrome?

3.6.4.1311 as far as I can tell and I'm not sure why it should show differently in another profile.  If it's of concern I would ask Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

Hmmmmm ? It is also (3.6.4.176) in Internet Explorer 11- Updated 1/10/2014

It also shows the same Version numbers when I open the McAfee UI.

Could you possibly check the IE11 Version, and confirm the same? For I do not

use Chrome or Firefox..... Does your version show the same in your McAfee UI as well?

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 Bit also

Thanks

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 1/25/14 3:03:19 PM CST
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Well I had to shut everything down in Vista and reboot into my Win 7 partition to tell, but it's 3.6.4.176 in my IE11, which will reflect that in MSC because MSC is basically an IE web page.

The version number can vary a bit so as long as the software says it is up to date, that's what it is.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

As always...Thanks Ex_Brit for taking the time to check.

Learn something every day, for I was not aware of the variation in Version Numbers

with-in the Different Browsers.

I new they could vary somewhat when it came to Adobe Flash Player, but not Site Advisor....

It indeed states it is up to date when I open Site Advisor, and click on "About"

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 1/25/14 3:29:50 PM CST
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Ypu're welcome.

drghughes
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for your replies Ex_Brit and catdaddy.

After your posts I remembered that in Chrome to get the About page you just click on the SiteAdvisor icon, rather than right-clicking as I'd been doing.  This showed that both profiles are running v3.6.4.176:

McAfee SiteAdvisor - 2014_0125c.JPG

Further investigation showed that the reason that Chrome is showing different versions in the Extensions tab for each profile is because of differences in the McChPlg.dll file - one profile has v3.6.1.113 and the other has v3.6.4.131.  I'll follow up with technical support and see what the issue is and report back.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

Hi drghughes,

You are perfectly welcome, as I myself learned a bit myself. That the version numbers can vary in Browsers. In other words the credit should go to Ex_Brit, as always he is here to assist.

We both know now that when opening Site Advisor, we have the most current version.

I might add that when I open "My Add-ons" IE11, it shows 3.6.4.176 as well.

Kind Regards,

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Glad things are OK    

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community