cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tripap
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

What is Site Advisor BHO?

I like the site advisor indicators on my search results, but I don't like dedicating an entire toolbar to the Site Advisor toolbar. If I go to disable the toolbar, I am asked whether I also want to disable SiteAdvisor BHO, and I haven't been able to find out just what this add-on does. If I disable the SiteAdvisor toolbar, but do not select to disable SiteAdvisor BHO, will Site Advisor still function and provide indications in search results?
8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

RE: What is Site Advisor BHO?

No they have to operate together. It doesn't need to occupy a toolbar all on its own. Provided you have the latest version it can be moved onto another toolbar (in IE only) by unlocking the toolbars and then dragging and dropping it.
russianblue
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Re: RE: What is Site Advisor BHO?

I would like to do exactly the same as tripap - move the Site Advisor toolbar so that it doesn't fill the width of the browser window. I've tried Ex_Brit's solution but it doesn't seem to work with my IE8 browser anyway. Any further advice, please?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

I can't get it to stick anywhere on my notebook's IE8 but I have put that down to its weird resolution and screen size, but on my PC it sits where I put it in IE8.

Unlock the toolbars

Hover over the dotted line to the left of the icon until a double-ended arrow appears and click and hold and drag to wherever you want, making sure it's to a clear area of course.

As in picture 1

Release and it should stay as in picture 2.

Lock the toolbars and it should stay.

(Click to enlarge).

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

russianblue
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Many thanks for your patient advice. I've now managed to get the Site Advisor toolbar to move - but not to where I want it! I really want it on the tab row (next to the command bar) so as to maximize my view of a web page - but it resists...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

The Command Bar is to the right of IE8's tabs and I think IE8 wont let you put anything else there because it could fill with tabs and the browser needs that extra room just in case.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

I just played around with mine and got it to stay either at the far right of the Menu Bar or to the right of my Google Toolbar.

russianblue
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Thank you - I can see the possibilities and limitations now.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

You're welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community