cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
besselj0
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

Weird emails that McAfee does not remove.

‰‡‚"€œLi‘mited Time: G‰e—t a FREE Dinner for 2 at The Olive Garden

I have been getting emails with subjects like the above. McAfee does not label them as spam or remove them. The sender is also weird. Has anyone seen this before?

13 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Weird emails that McAfee does not remove.

No, but if you have Outlook you should have an Anti-Spam toolbar which lets you mark this as a spam post. That information goes back to McAfee, and sooner or later the sender and/or subject header will be recognised and blocked (or at least flagged as spam).

besselj0
Former Member
Message 3 of 14

I use Outlook Express which does not seem to support the Anti-Spam toolbar. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go into Security Center/Web & Email Protection/Anti-Spam/Anti-Spam Toolbar and click on Outlook Express/Windows Mail. That should do it.

Outlook Express.JPG

besselj0
Former Member
Message 5 of 14

It is already checked, but does not work. When I asked McAfee about it, they said Outlook Express is not supported.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 14

I have Outlook Express and it works for me. What operating system have you got, and what is your McAfee version?

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Try to run the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support link. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them. When MVT has concluded it will list a session number and you should post that here for future reference in helping to diagnose your issue.

We also need to know some info about your computer as previously asked by Hayton

besselj0
Former Member
Message 8 of 14

Hayton & Tom k3tg

I have Outlook Express 6, Windows XP, and the new internet security version of McAfee that allows one to protect three machines with one purchase. Both Windows XP and McAfee are on automatic update.

besselj0
Former Member
Message 9 of 14

I have run MVT and no problems were found. The session ID was 32633999.

BesselJ0

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Can you confirm that XP is on SP3 (I think it will be, if you've got Automatic Updates enabled).

Then can you take a screenshot of your McAfee product versions in Security Center and post it (see below for my versions, as a comparison).

anti-spam versions.JPG

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community