cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaneshR
Message 11 of 13

Re: Website status: Very risky ... more than once

Jump to solution

To answer @joewestcott 's Question , "Affiliations with other websites"is the process in which an affiliate attains a commission for marketing another websites products or services. These affiliate simply promotes a product on their platform and subsequently earns a piece of the profit.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

joewestcott
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Jump to solution

I see, thank you, @GaneshR . This website does not have an affiliate agreement where other sites will send or receive a commission. It _does_ use ActBlue to accept donations, if that matters.

So what would be the reason why this site keeps ending up on McAfee's blacklist?

Is it because we're on a shared host, and other sites on the same IP address might be misbehaving?

Or did someone manually flag this site as malicious somehow? I'm not sure how this is possible; I'm just guessing that this is an option for people who use McAfee WebAdvisor.

Thank you for any insight.

Joe

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @joewestcott 

Possibilities are more with shared host, and other sites on the same IP address. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community