Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joewestcott
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Website status: Very risky ... more than once

Jump to solution

https://www.siteadvisor.com/sitereport.html?url=timsforcongress.com

Hi, McAfee has flagged this website as very risky / dangerous, with the category "Malicious Sites".

I submitted a request to fix this, and McAfee removed the "malicious" status.

But then the problem returned days later.

A Sucuri malware scan shows no problems with the site, so why does this keep happening?

This website is on a shared hosting service -- is there a way to tell whether the problem is with our IP address? Maybe another site on this shared host is misbehaving, so would McAfee penalize our site for that?

Also, does McAfee allow people to flag sites as risky/malicious? This is a political campaign website, and we're wondering whether the competition is trying to sabotage us by registering the site as malicious, repeatedly.

Thank you,

Joe

McAfee WebAdvisor report showing timsforcongress.comMcAfee WebAdvisor report showing timsforcongress.com

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 13

Re: Website status: Very risky ... more than once

Jump to solution

Hi @joewestcott 

Possibilities are more with shared host, and other sites on the same IP address. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @joewestcott 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We review the mentioned URL and get back to you as soon as possible

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @joewestcott 

We have submitted the URL for review (Ticket ID  2039366) which use to take 3-5 business days. We will keep you posted once we get updates on the same.

joewestcott
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Thank you, Sudhakar.

I'm curious why this keeps happening, whether it's a shared hosting problem or someone acting maliciously.

GaneshR
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @joewestcott 

The site rating is based on several attributes that, based on our automated website scanning, provides the best indication of the reputation of a site, over time.

These attributes include:

• Suspicious downloads
  • Browser exploits
  • Number of emails sent by the website
  • Affiliations with other websites
  • Pop-ups generated

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

joewestcott
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Ganesh, is there a way to tell which of these issues might be the problem?

I’m not sure what it means to have “affiliations with other websites”, but I believe that the other items you listed do not apply to this particular site.

This site offers no downloads; it sends virtually no emails; there are no pop-ups; and there are no detected browser exploits as far as Sucuri has detected.

The site links to ActBlue.com, NGPVAN.com, and YouTube.com, if that matters.

Thank you for any deeper insight that you can provide.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @joewestcott 

We see that your website reputation has been changed appropriately. Please check and update us

joewestcott
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Thank you, @Former Member. Is there a way to tell what might be the cause of this recurring problem?

I’m not sure what it means to have “affiliations with other websites”, but I believe that the other items that Ganesh listed do not apply to this particular site.

This site offers no downloads; it sends virtually no emails; there are no pop-ups; and there are no detected browser exploits as far as Sucuri has detected.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @joewestcott 

Hope you can able to access your website successfully, Concern team fixed the "Website status: Very risky" issue. 

joewestcott
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

Thank you, @Sudhakar_A_K. Is there a way to tell what might be the cause of this recurring problem? This keeps happening.

I’m not sure what it means to have “affiliations with other websites”, but I believe that the other items that Ganesh listed do not apply to this particular site.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community