Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 39

Re: Website blocked...why?

Jump to solution

I have contacted someone internally on your behalf, to add to the discussion.

​  Please see the following statement

Sincerely,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jb80
Former Member
Message 12 of 39

Jump to solution

Yes, I have read that thread.  And as I stated already, I did create a ticket although I believe it was done as anonymous since I was not logged in with an account at that time.  I still do not understand why a church website www.newportchurchofthebrethren.org  would be labeled as a high risk website.  I can't help but believe it is because the word church is in my domain name.  The domain name is register through Name.com's site and is being redirected to the host site which has the address of ncob.webs.com.  That host address is categorized as Personal Pages and is Reputation labeled as minimal risk. 

So maybe you can see now why I am skeptical about the Religion/Ideologies with reputation being high risk.  This makes no sense to me.

But thank you for bringing my attention to the other thread.

I have worked all this afternoon to try to find what else could have caused this problem.  I have found that my router has been part of the problem.  While I know this makes no sense and will be denied, I believe that the restriction McAfee placed on my pc also some how restricted the site through that router.  I checked to see if my ISP had blocked the site and it had not.  So I replaced the router with another router that was identical, only to have the same problem.  I then pulled out another different kind of router and have since been able to finally get to website.

Currently I can get to the site. 

I still want the reputation of the site corrected to minimal risk in the event that someone else uses McAfee's safe browsing apps.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 39

Jump to solution

Thank you for your invaluable input. I wish you nothing less than the best.

Sincerely,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 39

Jump to solution

They aren't singling out religious sites.  It could be simply that the IP of the website may have recently changed to one that was used by a risky website previously.  These things take time to clear up.

If you opened a ticket and were given an ID number for that ticket then they are dealing with it.   You wouldn't need to be signed into anything to start a ticket.

If you read that link, signing in merely would have ensured that you got a personal reply from them.

It was always possible to reach the website by simply clicking the link in the page showing the warning.

Using a different router shouldn't make a difference, however using a different operating system might..

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 39

Jump to solution

​,

I am inclined to agree with Ex_Brit,s comments. You can be (Self-Assured) that your Site is not being 'Singled-Out'. Again as explained, there could be various reasons.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
stevecuzcousins
Contributor
Message 16 of 39

Jump to solution

I have filled out the form before and got nowhere. I would def recommend setting up an account and creating a ticket. I too submitted the form without doing this but went back and did it again and this time I got a reply and our website is now re-categorised.

However no explanation as to why it was marked as a risk in the first place and I can guarantee nothing has changed plus the site is hosted on a dedicated server that we look after which too is clean and no other website on the server was changed by mcafee.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 39

Jump to solution

I am glad to hear that your site has been re-evaluated/reviewed. Now that it is considered (Safe) can we now consider this thread as 'Answered?

Thank You,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
stevecuzcousins
Contributor
Message 18 of 39

Jump to solution

This isn't my thread. I am just giving feedback that my issue was sorted but only when I created an account and ticket. I have tried other times by just filling out the form but nothing happened and so just letting ​ know that I recommend that he does this and submits it again.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 39

Jump to solution

Gotcha   Thank you for your input.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jb80
Former Member
Message 20 of 39

Jump to solution

I have created an account and submitted a new ticket to try and get this resolved.  Until it gets resolved, no this thread is not 'answered' yet.  I will report back when the status changes on the church website.  Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community