Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevecuzcousins
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Website blocked - Medium Risk

Jump to solution

Our church website has been blocked saying medium risk - www.scrabo.org but the site is clean.

The code has remained unchanged for months and since seeing the message I have run scans and they have come back clean.

I cannot see any malware etc.

I noticed another church site has been blocked too, are "religious" sites being shown as risk due to content? I would hope not.

Kind Regards

Stephen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: Website blocked - Medium Risk

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen,

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to get your Site re-evaluated; How To Dispute WebAdvisor/SiteAdvisor's rating of a website

I might add that creating a ticket with 'TrustedSource' is by far the quickest.

Note:   I read your correspondence in the other thread. I have contacted someone internally to also add to the discussion.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen,

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to get your Site re-evaluated; How To Dispute WebAdvisor/SiteAdvisor's rating of a website

I might add that creating a ticket with 'TrustedSource' is by far the quickest.

Note:   I read your correspondence in the other thread. I have contacted someone internally to also add to the discussion.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Cliff,

Your suggestion to create a ticket with TrustedSource is absolutely correct - if anyone, whether they own the website or not, disagrees with WebAdvisor's site rating, they need to open a ticket with trustedsource.org to get the rating reviewed.

stevecuzcousins, please follow the steps in the link that Cliff provided.

stevecuzcousins
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, I created a ticket earlier but did the same thing for another website last year and it's still marked as high risk even though the new website was a fresh install that contained no malicious software. Anyway I will wait to get a reply and will post back here if it doesn't work. I've also created a second ticket for the website that is still showing and hopefully they will fix that too but the owner of that website contacted mcafee 5 times and never got a response.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

@Stephen,

If by chance your issue remains unresolved, after re-submitting. Kindly post back and provide us the (TrustedSource) Ticket number.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
stevecuzcousins
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

It has now to moved to minimal risk but no explanation as to why it was changed o medium in the first place and nothing has been changed at our end.

The site is hosted on a professional dedicated server along with many other clients and non of the other sites were reported as risk and they share the same IP.

Very strange. I understand if a site has been hacked and compromised and in the past this has happened to a wordpress site I looked after but it was blocked by google too and I could see there was an issue. Def no issue with this site and it's been live for 7 plus years with no real change.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

I am glad to hear that your Site has been re-evaluated/reviewed. So can we now consider this thread as answered?

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you   Should you need further assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us.

All the very Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community