cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adam8899
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Website and emails are being marked as suspicious for no reason - please help.

Jump to solution

Hello,

our website decounique.com has been marked as suspicous. Also, customers with mcafee siteadvisor have reported our emails are showing a suspicous yellow warning, but why? We can't find anything wrong. Please help.

1) Hosting company has checked and said everything is fine

2) We subscribed to a daily Geotrust malware scan and no problems have ever been detected

geotrust.jpg

3) Norton safe web shows the site as green ok and safe

norton.jpg

4) I scanned our website using https://www.virustotal.com/#url and no problems there (Detection ratio: 0/31)

virustotal.jpg

5) Mcafee doesn't give any threat reason why (or at least I can't find any)

mcafee.jpg

Message was edited by: adam8899 on 11/1/12 3:01:13 AM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Website and emails are being marked as suspicious for no reason - please help.

Jump to solution

Hi adam8899,

You can report this issue you are having by sending an email to support@siteadvisor.com.

Please be sure to describe your problem in detail.  Also, it may take some time before you receive a response back as the SA tech staff tend to be quite busy resolving problems like this, as well as, testing/re-testing sites.

Additional information (provided by Moderator Peter) can be found at the following link

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/13397

Regards,

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 11/1/12 7:03:03 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 11/1/12 7:03:33 AM EDT

View solution in original post

7 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: Website and emails are being marked as suspicious for no reason - please help.

Jump to solution

Hi adam8899,

You can report this issue you are having by sending an email to support@siteadvisor.com.

Please be sure to describe your problem in detail.  Also, it may take some time before you receive a response back as the SA tech staff tend to be quite busy resolving problems like this, as well as, testing/re-testing sites.

Additional information (provided by Moderator Peter) can be found at the following link

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/13397

Regards,

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 11/1/12 7:03:03 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 11/1/12 7:03:33 AM EDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Moved the thread to SiteAdvisor for better attention.

adam8899
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for that, have sent an email to support@siteadvisor.com. Hopefully they can help resolve the issue

Message was edited by: adam8899 on 11/1/12 7:12:29 AM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Let's hope so.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

An interesting one this. TrustedSource shows you as Medium Risk without giving any hint of the reason but SiteAdvisor in Internet Explorer blocks you with a page declaring your site to be High Risk. When I insist on going to the site though, the SiteAdvisor icon shows Yellow not Red.

Your IP address shows as Green in TrustedSource so it's not a compromised server. All the usual site checkers declare the site to be free of malware, and Sucuri maintains that SiteAdvisor gives you a Green rating.

Part of the reason for this may be that your site is unknown to SiteAdvisor - it's not been tested. Nor is it known to WOT, and it has no user reviews on Norton SafeWeb. I wonder if this domain name has ever been used before and has retained somewhere a trace of an earlier negative report? If not, then the problem may be to do with third-party content on the site. In Firefox NoScript is blocking a number of scripts from third parties including getclicky, GoDaddy, olark.com, cloudflare.com ... if there is a transient problem with one of those providers TrustedSource will pick it up and downrate any sites that connect to it or have embedded content from it. Maybe there was a problem there somewhere a couple of days ago which has gone away.

You'll need to talk to the SiteAdvisor and TrustedSource people to sort this one out I'm aftraid.

adam8899
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.

Had a reply from the McAfee GTI Customer Response Team "Upon further review, the SiteAdvisor rating of the site will be adjusted to Green. Please allow some time for the rating update to take place."

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Nice to get Green on your site, but I wonder what the underlying problem was? We rarely get to find out.

Oh well, a result is a result. I'll mark this as Assumed Answered.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community