cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bersaghi
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Website Flagged as Suspicious by WebAdvisor

Our website is being flagged as suspicious by McAfee. See the attached screenshot.- The website is hosted by Shopify.

By connecting with Shopify support, they said if there was anything wrong with our account, they would definitely send us an email about it. They have their legal and account security teams observing and maintaining the security of each merchant's account. They also said they did a run through your website and there is nothing wrong with your account

.- We don't have any custom code in there. The theme is supplied by a 3rd party trusted by Shopify (Pixel Union)

- Payments are 100% processed by Shopify. We don't touch it; and

- There is nothing suspicious or malicious with the site or content. 

- Shopify believes this is a false positive tagging. 

Hopefully, McAfee can kindly remove the message as this affects our online business.

However, it is a real issue, then, I would like to request you to provide further evidence so I can escalate it through Shopify developers and address it.

Thanks,

Emerson.

6 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 7

Re: Website Flagged as Suspicious by WebAdvisor

Hi @Bersaghi 

Greetings from McAfee!

The McAfee WebAdvisor and McAfee Site Advisor Site Rating represents the classification of a website's reputation by McAfee. Kindly refer the below article regarding McAfee WebAdvisor website rating dispute resolution process.

McAfee WebAdvisor website rating dispute resolution process

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Edward Franso

pulveranu
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I suggest you to visit apkminors

Bersaghi
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I already tried the dispute before. I didn't receive any answer from your team.
Bersaghi
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I also tried the live chat. Unfortunatelly, this will not help as well.
I hope you can help scalate this issue.

10:37 AM Support session established with Mark A..
10:37 AM Mark A.: Thank you for contacting McAfee Support. My name is Mark, and I will be assisting you today. Please give me two mintues while I review the information you have provided.
10:37 AM Emerson Bersaghi: Hi Mark. No problems.
10:39 AM Mark A.: I appreciate your time on hold. If this chat becomes disconnected, may I call you back at...?
10:39 AM Emerson Bersaghi: 269-XXX-XXXX
10:40 AM Mark A.: Thanks
10:40 AM Mark A.: I understand your concerned is about mcafee having a bank ranking of your website, correct?
10:41 AM Emerson Bersaghi: correct
10:41 AM Emerson Bersaghi: this is moving customers away from our website
10:41 AM Emerson Bersaghi: while there should not be anything flagging the site as suspicious.
10:41 AM Mark A.: I´m so sorry to hear that and apologize for the inconveniences
10:42 AM Mark A.: I´ll now share an article that can be found in our support library
10:42 AM Mark A.: that will indicate how to perform a dispute process request
10:42 AM Emerson Bersaghi: I already performed a dispute process but I never received any response back
10:43 AM Mark A.: Just to confirm is it this same process described here
https://www.mcafee.com/support/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102899&fromSearch=true&page=shell&shell=art...
10:43 AM Emerson Bersaghi: If it is a real issue, then, I would like to request you to provide further evidence so I can escalate it through Shopify developers and address it.
10:44 AM Emerson Bersaghi: Yes, I used this process before
10:45 AM Mark A.: How long since your first report?
10:46 AM Emerson Bersaghi: 6+ months ago I guess
10:48 AM Mark A.: I´m so sorry to hear that but the department is completely separated from our tech support team
10:48 AM Emerson Bersaghi: do they have a live chat as well?
10:48 AM Mark A.: The indication would be to keep sending you report periodically till you get a response
10:48 AM Mark A.: they surely have to provide a response
10:49 AM Mark A.: No they don´t as far as I´m concerned everything happens through email communication
10:49 AM Emerson Bersaghi: ok
Bersaghi
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

And the website is: https://www.fastracer.com/
Bersaghi
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

We connected with McAfee by email as they reviewed the risk of the website. It is correct now.

Others might use this:

"For specific concerns or questions on the reputation - please submit an email to XXXX. Please list the URL you are inquiring about, list its current reputation, and why you disagree with it."

Thanks,

Emerson.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community