Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martint
Contributor II
Message 1 of 13

Website Blacklisted

Jump to solution

I am going to start off with saying I am very sorry if this is not the right place to ask this, but the discussion boards look very confusing and I saw somebody else with a similar problem get help here.

Here comes my sad problem with McAfee. I work as a designer and a small time IT manager for a small design firm called Profile Risk Management. One of our biggest clients, a hospital in our city uses McAfee as their email security filter. The problem is not in sending emails, those go through with them. The problem is that every time we send them emails a huge threat warning comes with it to them about our website having high risk potential. That is worry some to our clients and we can't have that.

I have scanned through our FTP with several Malware scanners and nothing has popped out, no other security filter has us in their Blacklist except for McAfee. Now I see only few reasons for that to happen and would like to get to the bottom of this.

Here comes my first guess what may be the cause. I don't really know how their blacklist works, but the cause maybe that it detects mass files that can be downloaded by the public. Those are design files that are too big to be sent by mail servers. Those are all either PDF, AI or Corel Draw files. They are up to public because we don't have a need for a filtered download code because those aren't high risk files for clients. I load the files to the server and give the download link to the client, nothing illegal going down there.

Secondly we may have been maybe reported to your automated systems from people because we had an incident with an hacker. The incident got resolved and we moved hosts, there is nothing left of him, after that to the best of my knowledge we have not had a breach to our system.

I hope you bear with the long text and can help me.

The website in question is www.pilotreklaam.ee.

The website gets High Risk on here.

http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/domain/default.aspx?domain=www.pilotreklaam.ee

But gets a clean pass on every other website including Google Safe Search.

Love, Martin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martint
Contributor II
Message 11 of 13

Re: Website Blacklisted

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, it seems like the issue has been dealt with.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

You may try to get your issues resolved by following these Guidelines.

Trusted Source being the Quickest Route. Quite possibly one of my fellow Moderators will pick up this thread,and add further to the dicscussion.

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
martint
Contributor II
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer, I created a ticket there on Single URL with option as business and gave simple version of this as an opinion there. I just wanted to know if I did it right, everything about this stuff is very confusing to take on and learn in this short time.

Quickest Route sounds good as my higher ups are chewing down me with this debacle.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome. Give it several days since you created a Ticket, and if not resolved kindly post back with the ticket number please. It is quite possible we can expedite your matter.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
martint
Contributor II
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

I have waited for a week now with no response on my email, should I give a day or two more?

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

I have asked who best to chase up  we will find out in our mod call tomorrow . All that said 1 week is 5 days longer than it normally takes wait while we check up please.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

I apologize for my delayed response, we all are online at different hours. It is 5:55 am EST here now in the US. as Colleague PK stated, hopefully we will find out more during our Conference Call today.

Thank you for your patience,

All the best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

During the interim, if you could kindly post the Ticket # you created with Trusted Source. It would be most helpful in expediting your case.

Again,

Thank You,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
martint
Contributor II
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

I had to make a new ticket because the website didn't stay logged in last time I created it, the ticket number is "#994904".

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

Thank you so very much for your Prompt response ! This will help us enormously.

We will get back with you after our Call today.

All the very best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community