Did you mean: 
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Webadvisor secure search

Jump to solution

hello,

i am using Firefox and today i received a new addon from mcafee LiveSafe called ;mcafee secure search and a new icon logo.

i have already Webadvisor installed and that has in the option section a similar feature.

i would like to ask what does this new feature addon do besides what WA did regarding secure search ?

is there a service document perhaps for this new addon ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Re: Webadvisor secure search

Jump to solution

Hello @cyberdude ,

As per the new design of WA in Firefox browser requires this change, introducing a second WebAdvisor extension to Firefox called "McAfee Secure Search" [Search Extension] where Web Advisor [Other Features] still continues with same features.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Maybe this

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-IN&articleId=TS102755

Means Safe search uses yahoo. I always say no so easy to use my choice of search engines.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

thanks for the answer Peacekeeper,

if i am right i remember this document for WA when you click on the WA icon in the browser and select 'options' and have Secure Search selections available

the thing is i received besides the already WA addon yesterday an extra new addon for Secure Search in Firefox. 

it came with version of WA 4.1.0.88 i think.

so i was wondering why there is an extra new addon installed for Secure Search when Secure Search selections was /is already in Webadvisor  available ?

i received it on both computers i have.

bit confused about this to have an extra addon installed for it.

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @cyberdude ,

As per the new design of WA in Firefox browser requires this change, introducing a second WebAdvisor extension to Firefox called "McAfee Secure Search" [Search Extension] where Web Advisor [Other Features] still continues with same features.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

hello @muthu_ganesh 

thank you for your reaction and additional information that WA for Firefox has become a new design for Secure Search and installs a second extenstion.

my question is answered.  thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

@muthu_ganesh 

I have the latest version of WA 4.1.0.92 and never have seen anything asking to allow a secure search option in FF. Only have the standard WA  extension. Any reason you see for this matey?

Pizzaman
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

I started getting repeated and continual secure search popups. I could no longer even use Firefox because the popup freezes everything until you dismiss it. Then it shows up again a minute later. I can't believe that McAfee is installing what amounts to malware on my computer.

The (possibly temporary) solution is to disable the Web Advisor extension.

I should add that the popup problem only started two or three hours ago. Before then, the popup only aggravated me once or twice a day. Also, McAfee should not be telling its customers which search engine to use in order to make money off of Yahoo. We pay good money for this product and shouldn't have to put up with that.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

hello,

myself have seen only popups of WA when some new version of WA itself was updated. certainly not once or twice a day....that seems not normal behaviour and i would disable WA aswell if this should happen on a daily basis.

anyway....have you tried reinstalling only WA ? perhaps with some update something was corrupted during the process.......

don't know if a mcafee mod will respond to your message, since this was already a closed topic.

should the problem persist than maybe you can make a new topic or try mcafee chat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community