cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonowen
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Webadvisor/ browserhost.exe file 650 GB file size

My C Drive keeps getting larger and larger. Traced it to Webadvisor/browserhost.exe, how do I erase or fix this? I have a Mcafee Internet Security 3 user account

2 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 3

Re: Webadvisor/ browserhost.exe file 650 GB file size

Hi @jonowen 

Greetings from McAfee 

Kindly remove webadvisor from the browser and check how it goes, if still issue persists kindly contact our customer support team by connect using the below link.

McAfee Consumer Support -

Regards 
Edward Franso 

jonowen
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Webadvisor/ browserhost.exe file 650 GB file size

I removed Webadvisor from Chrome and Edge.  Eventually found a file in C:\ProgramData\McAfee\WebAdvisor\browserhost.exe named log_00130041003D00430059 that contained the 650 GB of data. Deleted that and renamed a blank file with that log name. Everything seems to be working again.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community