cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjbMcFUsr
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Webadvisor Using over 50% CPU with no apps running

Webadvisor is frying my PC through high CPU usage and power usage. I have no apps open and it is still using over 50% of CPU utilization. So much so if i open my browser my mouse cursor flashes making it almost impossible to use dropdown menus. i must use the keyboard instead. I cannot update it. running livesafe on Windows 11

5 Replies
rjbMcFUsr
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Webadvisor Using over 50% CPU with no apps running

I uninstalled webadvisor. Problem solved. I am not sure what functionality I lost, maybe someone can answer that for me. 

Kumar_suman
Message 3 of 6

Hi @rjbMcFUsr 

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.

McAfee is aware of this issue and we are investigating this. We will update you immediately once we have a solution for the high CPU utilization by Mcafee WebAdvisor.

Thanks,

Kumar

Regards,

Kumar

rjbMcFUsr
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for the update

rjbMcFUsr
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Did the uninstall of everything, including Mcafee LiveSafe, then the reinstall and that fixed the issue and returned webadvisor back on chrome also. Edge has webadvisor also. 

Before the uninstall & reinstall, the last component update was dated 11/4/2021. It now says 11/15/2021.

rjbMcFUsr
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Same Problem returned with a vengeance. CPU for webadvisor 50% and higher with very high power usage. Webadvisor drains my battery rapidly. Webadvisor has been running  for over 40 minutes straight at this rate. running windows 11.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community