Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Webadvisor Secure search not showing ticks or color codes

Jump to solution

I have noticed that WebAdvisor is no longer showing green ticks or red crosses in my searches. I am using Microsoft edge Version 112.0.1722.64, WebAdvisor Version 8.1.0.3218 and Mcafee live safe version 1.8.236. I can manually select the secure search option and it works but as soon as i close the browser i have to manually select again when it should be on by default. i deleted the app and re-installed it but still no good. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Re: Webadvisor Secure search not showing ticks or color codes

Jump to solution

hello @NathanJ 

i have just done a google search in Edge Browser and seeing green ticks again to my surprise.

this is with version R108 latest.

is it fixed on your end also ?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @NathanJ 

Greetings From McAfee!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Google recently changed its layout and that was the reason why the check marks were not displayed on search engines also its no longer supported on edge browser.

But you can enable on chrome or Firefox by performing steps in below article

WebAdvisor ratings missing

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

hello @GaneshR 

i have received version R108 and noticed no longer the green ticks doing search results with google search in Edge Browser.

do i understand from your answer correct that this for Edge browser no longer is supported in this latest version R108 ?

NathanJ
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello Ganesh

I do not believe it to be true that it is no longer supported in Edge as i can turn it on manually, i think you guys need to make a work around as i believe a lot of people use Edge. 

I do not want to use Chrome or Firefox i want to use Edge if i have to manually turn it on everytime i will before using those other browsers but i am sure a company your size can make a work around for us?

Nathan

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

hello @NathanJ 

i have just done a google search in Edge Browser and seeing green ticks again to my surprise.

this is with version R108 latest.

is it fixed on your end also ?

NathanJ
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

@cyberdude  Hi mate yes i have had the problem resolved as of late Saturday night 6/5/23 Sydney time.

Great news aye because edge is the only browser i use and was getting sick of manually turning it on.

As for being told it no longer worked in the Edge browser i knew wasn't correct or you wouldn't be able to turn it on manually.

Thanks for the answer mate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community