cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 1 of 8

Webadvisor Secure Search engine settings changing on its own despite my selections

Good evening.  I am using Windows 10, Firefox 84 and Webadvisor version 8.1.0.436.  I use Google for search engine.  I have the settings for Secure Search to show if a search result is secure in ANY engine.  Every so often when I open Firefox, usually when I occasionally see a box in the bottom right saying 'McAfee is speeding up this app' it reverts to 'tell me if a search is safe only in Secure Search.'  I will change it to any engine again and it will be fine.  I'm not sure if the McAfee speeding up app pop-up has anything to do with it but it is happening quite frequently.  The only way I notice is when I do a google search and do not see the protection colors.  If someone could please help me figure this out I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Webadvisor Secure Search engine settings changing on its own despite my selections

hello,

there are numerous topics about WA currently.

one of them i could find could be of interest since it is mainly talking about Firefox.

you can read it here;

McAfee Support Community - WebAdvisor Green Icon No Longer Appears When I Sea... - Page 2 - McAfee S...

i have seen that Firefox is currently doing a update to version 84.0.1 since there were also reports that version 84 had problems with some AV products.

maybe when you receive this update WA starts working normal again...............hopefully

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 3 of 8

Re: Webadvisor Secure Search engine settings changing on its own despite my selections

Thanks for responding.  When I went to bed last evening it was set to 'any search engine.'  This morning Firefox updated to 84.0.1 and when I checked settings it had again reverted to 'secure search only.'

I just changed it back to 'any search engine' and I will see if it stays that way with 84.0.1.  I do not want to go through the hassle of having to manually change it every time I want to do a Google search.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 8

Agreed I and some others see this time for a mod to report this.

Here 

@Magesh  please pass up the line WA is not working well with FF84

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 5 of 8

Unfortunately I am still having the issue.  I keep having to change the settings to any search engine manually to have it work with Google.  I haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing WebAdvisor yet but I do not see how it can make a difference.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 8

As are my settings i mentioned this several times but not comment from Mcafee as yet to acknowledge it happening.

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 7 of 8

Is someone even looking into this?  I have seen no activity on this post in two weeks and every time I open Firefox I have to remember to go into the options to make sure I have a secure Google search.  This is ridiculous and I wish McAfee could at least address or admit the fact there is an issue.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 8

@Madhan 

@Allwyn_GI 

is this bug being looked into ? ie WA changes setting to tell safe if any browser to only secure search after a close of browser..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community