Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cherno-Samba
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

WebAdvisor won't uninstall & unable to download removal tool, please help

Hi,

WebAdvisor won't uninstall on my pc operating windows 10. Ive uninstalled McAfee but the WebAdvisor is still present in my cpu. I try to uninstall it through my control panel but nothing happens when I click to uninstall & then restart my cpu??

A Mcafee technician has also tried to help me with this issue but we gave up after 2 hours on the phone trying to guide me through different ways of getting the WebAdvisor uninstalled through the cpu's C:Drive & over a dozen restarts of my cpu.

The WebAdvisor is blocking all downloads through my cpu's web browsers so I am unable to download the Mcafee removal tool to remove it this way also.

Any help please asap as this is affecting my ability to work as I use my pc for business.

Thanks

3 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 4

Re: WebAdvisor won't uninstall & unable to download removal tool, please help

Hi @Cherno-Samba 

Regards from McAfee.. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please follow the steps below to remove Mcafee WebAdvisor and update us the outcome.

1. Delete the McAfee Web Advisor folder from the following locations:

C:\Program Files\McAfee

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee

C:\ProgramData (x86)\McAfee

2. Reboot the PC

Thanks and regards,

Kumar

CrystalBuckley
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I am having a very similar issue. I can't delete McAfee from my C drive completely. I followed the instructions listed above but I still have two locations that won't allow me to delete them because "they are in use by another program" and I can't find that location.

One file is 'wssdep.dll' located in C:\Program Files\McAfee\WebAdvisor\x64

The other file I cannot delete and I believe is the root cause is 'wa' and is located in C:\ProgramData\McAfee\WebAdvisor

How do I get these and McAfee completely off my computer?

GracieMae
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I can’t delete WebAdvisor from the c drive because it tells me the folder or a file in the folder is open in another program but I don’t have any other programs open. I’m unable to download anything and nothing I’ve been told to do works.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community