Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 31 of 104

Re: WebAdvisor hogging memory

Jump to solution

I've spoken to the WebAdvisor team.  Unfortunately, they are not able to reproduce the issue based on the information they have, so they're not sure what the problem is - yet.

As a result, I’ve asked Selvan to reach out to the original poster on this thread to troubleshoot and get data for the WebAdvisor team to work with.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 32 of 104

Jump to solution

That was fast, thank you Doug.

sherrb1158
Contributor
Message 33 of 104

Jump to solution

After about 45 minutes of running w/ Malwarebytes Pro "Malware Protection" and "Malicious Website Protection" disabled and RTS enabled in McAfee, WebAdvisor is currently running consistently around 30-32% of my CPU and the memory usage is at 560 MB of memory and steadily climbing.

Current Chrome sessions include one Yahoo Mail, this forum and Drudge home page with no articles open.

I will be away for a couple of hours, but will keep you posted. 

Thanks for you assistance.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 34 of 104

Jump to solution

​,

Thank you for your input   Much appreciated.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 104

Jump to solution

Thank you Doug

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jtendler
Contributor
Message 36 of 104

Jump to solution

Thanks for raising the issue with the WA team.  If you are having trouble getting in touch with the original poster, I'd be willing to offer my system for problem identification.  My email is removed by Moderator The symptoms I have appear to be identical to the original problem.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 37 of 104

Jump to solution

Thanks for offering.  I removed that email address from your post for your own safety.

The support people patrolling here can get that info privately.

sherrb1158
Contributor
Message 38 of 104

Jump to solution

Cliff,

I've been back on my system for about 45 min., it was in "sleep" mode while I was gone.  I was at 33% CPU overall, with 1080 MB memory in use by the WebAdvisor process until a couple of minutes ago .... the memory usage for WebAdvisor did just drop to 865 MB for a couple of minutes, now it's back up to 1130 MB and climbing again, which is 57% of my memory.  I have the same Chrome tabs active with one article open now on Drudge.

Thanks.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 39 of 104

Jump to solution

​,

We just now ended our weekly Conference Call. As mentioned earlier, Our 'Resident Tech' will be reaching out individuals to 'Remote in' to collect individual logs. Perhaps if you wish, he could do the same for you?

As I cannot reproduce the same symptoms using Internet Explorer 11, it may be 'Browser Specific'? Thank you for your invaluable input.

Sincerely,

Cliff

( Consumer Products)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 40 of 104

Jump to solution

Cliff,

I have experienced the Webadvisor issue with Firefox and that is the only browser I use.  I would also be willing to help support 'remote in' if needed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community