Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThibaultDP73
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

WebAdvisor causes CPU surge

Hi all

So my webadvisor is causing a massive surge in my CPU. At first it happened on Google Chrome but using edge solved this, however only for a few days. Now the same problem reoccurs in edge. Livesafe uses about 50% of my cpu and other mcafee process combined use another 30-40% often resulting in 100% CPU usage. These other processes began rising together with webadvisor, but as webadvisor is the main cause I asked it here. Other notable mcafee processes include multiple times module core services, and even a second instance of webadvisor. Since an hour or so webadvisor uses 40% of CPU even when no browser is active. I've tried rebooting my pc, reinstalling my browsers but this did not seem to fix anything.

Does anyone have a solution to this as it causes my battery to drain fast, resulting in high temperatures and lots of noise from what I assume are the fans trying to cool my laptop. I really need a fix as i need my Laptop in classes and now it only lasts about an hour, 2 if I’m lucky whereas previously it managed 8 to 10 hours. 

I Hope you understand what I’m saying as English isn't my main language. 

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: WebAdvisor causes CPU surge

Hi @ThibaultDP73 

We understand your concern. since you have already uninstalled and re installed browsers. Please let us know the WebAdvisor version installed on the browser. 

Kindly check if the browser is also up to date. Can you provide screenshots to assist you further. 

Regards

Magesh J

ThibaultDP73
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

So i had some other non mcafee related issues which caused me to do a full factory reset of my pc. i hoped this would solve the issue I have with Webadvisor but it returned right after installing it. Besides office and mcafee LiveSafe i haven't added any software. I checked if my browser was up to date and webadvisor is version 8.1.0.1653

in attachment is a screen of my task manager. 

ThibaultDP73
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

So it seems the attachment didn't come through so I will add it Like this 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community