Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dajiang
Contributor II
Message 1 of 2

WebAdvisor and Web Protection

Hello

I am running  3-user McAfee Internet Security on Windows 7 64 bit.

I see an add-on called McAfee WebAdvisor which is enabled.

On downloading files from the internet using IE11, WebAdvisor says that it is checking the file, and I believe that is stops me from visiting untrusted sites, but I can't remember when it last did the latter.

It does not stop webstie ratings when I do a search on the internet as it used to before.

Interestingly, if I open up McAfee and select PC Security, one of the options listed on the bottom right is

an icon consistin of a padlock in a square called 'Protect Me On The Web' under which is a button called Setup.

If I click on the padlock it takes me to a page showing me current features and available features.

One of the available features is something called Web Protection which says it will give website ratings and reports which sites are safe and which aren't - before you visit them.

Is this Web Protection different from WebAdvisor? I have not yet selected to add this Web Protection feature. What is it?

As I said before I already have WebAdvisor installed and enabled, so I am confused.

Thanks

Dajiang

Labels (1)
1 Reply
leonardmorg
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: WebAdvisor and Web Protection

i have also facing the same type of issue on my client's site: https://chatgptaipro.com/

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community