Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 11

WebAdvisor Site Report Query

Hi,

I was recently upgraded from SiteAdvisor to WebAdvisor (build 4.0.0.274). I'd read the layout would change after the upgrade, but was surprised to find the old style Site Report layout has gone completely - reports now seem to be from the TrustedSource website and is headed "McAfee for Business". Is this likely to be a permanent change, as it was useful to read other people's feedback on websites?

10 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

Re: WebAdvisor Site Report Query

It would appear so but we are told that the application is still under development so things may change.  I quite like the new features and layout personally.

It appears they are doing away with site reviewing eventually.

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks. Ex_Brit.

I remember reading something about a WebAdvisor Toolbar for IE, but Chrome doesn't seem to have one - is this normal?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 11

In IE it works in "headless mode" meaning it shows up only when searching but in Firefox and Chrome the icon should be there on any page.

For now, in Chrome extensions it's listed as SiteAdvisor still.

It's explained in the Announcement at the top of the main SiteAdvisor section:

SiteAdvisor is evolving into a new format in Windows 7.x and 8.x, now called McAfee WebAdvisor, which means different behaviour.

See SiteAdvisor has new features and a new look: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS102245 for more information.

Also see Search result annotations do not appear after SiteAdvisor is upgraded http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS102249

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 11

I should have added, forget the toolbar description, that no longer applies.

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Thanks, Ex_Brit.

Is there likely to be a Chrome extension upgrade sometime in the future?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 11

Oh, I would imagine so, it's early stages yet for WebAdvisor.  I find it strange in my Chrome.  In Extensions it's listed as SiteAdvisor v3.x.... yet if you click the icon at top right of the address bar and select options, it says it's WebAdvisor anyway....seems almost like it's in a transitional phase.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 11

Hopefully we can learn more during the Conference call. I was one of the first to receive it. It is still listed as 'McAfee Site Advisor' in my McAfee UI/Drop Down menu in Internet Explorer.

However functions perfectly, and displays 'McAfee Web Advisor' when blocking something.

I might add I am still on the 3.7.9.140 Version since April. Hopefully soon will auto Update to 4.x

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 11

Only in Chrome will it list the Extension as SiteAdvisor, in Firefox and in IE it will be listed by it's name, WebAdvisor so if it says otherwise you don't have it, or something weird is going on there.

Capture.JPG

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 11

You must be on the V4.0.274? Then again, it could be something going on. It lists it still as McAfee Site Advisor in Internet Explorer. And it (Is) Functioning. As it throws up Prompts when suspicious content is present on a page,or Downloads.

I will bring this up during the call on Monday.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community