Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 5

WebAdvisor Secure search

hello,

i received on march 16th an update for WA and after that update i don't see the green safe icons anymore using the Secure search setting. (default Yahoo)

i am using FF 66.0 with Windows10

i use the default WA settings. ( if i click on the WA icon in FF and select 'options' the setting is default 'let me know in Secure Search if a result is safe )

when i enter  a search query with Secure Search in FF  i don't see the green safe icons anymore (Yahoo)

if i change the setting in WA to 'let me know from every searchengine if a result is safe ' i am receiving the green safe icons again. (Yahoo, Google, ect.)

version of WA is currently 4.1.0.29

is this already known perhaps when using the default setting Secure Search in WA it displays not the green safe icon currently  (Yahoo) using FireFox ?

4 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 5

Re: WebAdvisor Secure search

@cyberdude 

Perform the below steps and update us

1. Open Firefox
  2. Click the stacked menu (hamburger) icon in the top right corner of Firefox.
  3. Click Options, then click Search.
  4. Click the drop-down list under Default Search Engine.
  5. Check whether McAfee Secure Search present under preferred search engine list.
  6. If not, remove the check mark from all the other search engines and close Firefox
  7. Re-open Firefox
  8. Click WebAdvisor extension and go to Options
  9. Click Reset
  10. Close and Re-open Firefox 
  11. Click the stacked menu (hamburger) icon in the top right corner of Firefox.
  12. Click Options, then click Search.
  13. Click the drop-down list under Default Search Engine.
  14. Choose your preferred search engine(Secure Seach) from the list.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

hello Siva,

thank you for your answer.

i have opened the menu icon on the right top corner of Firefox. Clicked on Options and Search and checked for the Default Search Engine. McAfee Secure Search is present under preferred search engine list. McAFee Secure Search is set default as standard engine to use.

When WA is newly installed it asked after installation if you want to enable Secure Search and i click always yes.

With Secure Search only i don't receive the green safe icons with the search results. if i change setting in WA to display results from every search engine i am receiving green safe icons.

above is from a laptop with windows10pro 32bit.

last week a bought a brand new desktop with windows10 home 64bit and WA is having the same results on this new desktopl. no green safe icons if setting is set to display only in Secure Search when results are safe and when setting is changed to dsplay results from every search engine i am receiving the green safe icons.......this desktop came with a fresh 30days livesafe trial that i have actived.

i have the same result currently on 2 different machines i thought maybe more users noticed this aswell perhaps..........

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

hello Siva,

update to my previous post;

i did today a search entry for mcafee in Firefox with the default setting from WA. what i noticed was this;

i received search results and about 4 of them on the first page received a green safe icon with next to it a red mcafee logo with the words mcafee secure.

the other search results did not show any safe ratings.

i have done a reset after this in WA itself. after clicking reset and opening FF again i received the popup if i wanted to enable Secure Search and i clicked yes. closed FF, waited a little reopened FF and did make a new search entry for mcafee.

it showed the same 4 search results with green safe icon next to a red mcafee logo with the words mcafee secure.

the remaining search results were not showing any safe rating.

it started with version 4.1.0.28 of WA of march 16th (currently i have version 4.1.0.29)

does this info help perhaps ?

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

hello @sivasubramanian 

if i use the default WA setting in Firefox( only safe search results from secure search) i have no safe green icons behind the results.

to receive currently safe green icon behind search results i have set in WA the setting to 'let me know from every search engine if a search result is safe ' (option 2 in WA)

i am seeing this on 2 different computers here at home

do you receive green safe icons when the setting in WA is set for only safe search results from secure search with Firefox  ? (option 1 in WA)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community