Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwnova142
Contributor III
Message 1 of 7

WebAdvisor Not Indicating (green checkmark) Safety of Websites

Jump to solution

Yesterday my WebAdvisor stopped using check mark to indicate the safety of websites when I search on Google. (This is the third time I have had this problem this year.)

I usually use Firefox as my browser (81.0(64 bit)). I use a PC.

I deinstalled WebAdvisor and reinstalled it again using siteadvisor.com. Still didn't work. I checked FF addons but did not find webadvisor there.

I tried to use webadvisor on IE and Google Chrome but could not find WA.

Last April this problem was resolved by a McAfee tech during a phone call. It took him 30-40 minutes and a lot of work to solves the problem. Hopefully the system still has the notes from April.

I am trying the community first in case it is something easy to fix.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: WebAdvisor Not Indicating (green checkmark) Safety of Websites

Jump to solution

Hi @jwnova142,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Google recently changed its layout and that was the reason why the check marks were not displayed on Google search engines. But we have fixed it and you should be able to see them from today.

Please reinstall WA by following steps in the below link and let us know the outcome

How to download and install McAfee WebAdvisor

Thanks,

Karthikeyan J

View solution in original post

6 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @jwnova142,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Google recently changed its layout and that was the reason why the check marks were not displayed on Google search engines. But we have fixed it and you should be able to see them from today.

Please reinstall WA by following steps in the below link and let us know the outcome

How to download and install McAfee WebAdvisor

Thanks,

Karthikeyan J

msteinke51
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

This problem has recently arisen for me too.  WebAdvisor is not working with Google searches in Firefox.  Other searches (e.g. Bing) do work.  I tried same Google search using Chrome and that works fine.  Problem seems to be only with Google when using Firefox.  I did try to reinstall WebAdvisor from the website and when I tried to launch the install file that I downloaded I received the message that installation could not be performed because I already had a newer version of WebAdvisor installed.  What can I do?

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please remove McAfee WebAdvisor from the Add-ins in Firefox and install it using the same link.

Once done, please go to the Add-ins section and confirm that the extension version installed is 8.1.0.148. If no, please let us know the version installed.

jwnova142
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

I uninstalled and reinstalled WebAdvisor just now. WebAdvisor does appear in FF add ons and is enabled. Still no green "Safe" check marks.

jwnova142
Contributor III
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

I reinstalled WebAdvisor. I checked Firefox add ons and WA is there and enabled. Version 8.1.0.148. However, still no green check marks indicating safe site.

jwnova142
Contributor III
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I found the problem and check marks are now appearing. Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community