cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drwongjl
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

WebAdvisor Block Complete Download

Since yesterday I noticed when I download docx xlsx files from my email it forever at 100% with 0 B/s by using Microsoft Edge browser.

I tried to turn off real-time scanning and it works, but I continue trouble shoot, end up I found that is WebAdvisor causing this problem after I turned back real-time scanning on and uninstalled webadvisor it works again.

I reinstall webadvisor same problem occurred again.

Please fix this otherwise I cannot use webadvisor, although it is not essential for me but I dont mind to have it if this problem fix.

6 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: WebAdvisor Block Complete Download

Hi @drwongjl,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know whether you are facing the same issue in other browsers as well. Also, kindly let us know the version of McAfee and Web Advisor installed in your device?

Regards,

Allwyn I

drwongjl
Contributor II
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Yes, both Chrome and Edge have this issue.

I have McAfee Total Protection v 16.0 Release 16.0 R36

webadvisor I don't know what version as I have already uninstalled.

yesterday when I troubleshooting, I reinstalled the latest version downloaded from mcafee, but failed to work.

I noticed only word and excel files downloaded from email was infinite at 100% and 0 B/s, other files was fine.

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Hi @drwongjl,

I have sent you a personal message. Kindly check and respond to it.

Regards,

Allwyn I

jverge
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I have the same issue not being able to download any MS Office file (.xlsx, docx, pptx, xls, ...)  but downloads work fine for .txt and other extensions.  This problem occurs in Chrome and Edge.  I am using version 16.0 R36.

@Allwyn_GI Is there a solution for this problem?

Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 7

Hi @jverge,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Engineering team is working on the issue and they have a provided an update. Kindly restart your computer once and then open those files. If the issue still persists, reinstall the McAfee application and update us the outcome.

Regards,

Allwyn I

jverge
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Allwyn_GI 

Thanks for the quick reply and ultimate resolution.  I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall McAfee to solve the problem.  

Sincerely,
Jamie

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community