Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcafcwbb
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

Web Advisor blocking content on many sites

Jump to solution

The web advisor is blocking content on a lot of sites on the last couple of days and these are on sites that previously has had a clean bill of health.

They include the Daily Mirror (a UK newspaper site), Digital Spy and This Week (a UK news site).

They are not blocking the page but certain content and I am wondering why the Web Advisor has suddenly got so aggressive on sites it previously had no problem on?

I am using LiveSafe on Windows 10 which did get patched itself on Tuesday.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcafcwbb
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Re: Re: Web Advisor blocking content on many sites

Jump to solution

I think I have just fixed the error.

I checked my version of Google Chrome to see if it will help and it updated itself and the web advisor has stopped blocking content. I am not too sure why that would fix it but it has on the sites I have listed.

Am I able to state I have a correct answer based on that - first time on here and don't know the protocols.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Web Advisor blocking content on many sites

Jump to solution

Probably the videos as they are Flash-based I believe.  But you can click View Blocked Content I assume (the warning bar at top, right-hand side).

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Web Advisor blocking content on many sites

Jump to solution

In Firefox the Daily Mirror front page displays without any content blocked (although looking at some of it I wish it had been).

WebAdvisor will sometimes block advertisements, and if that happens it may be that the ad slot has been hijacked for malvertising.

If any pages from the Mirror or other UK news sites are still affected could you post the URL or a screenshot, andI'll try to relpicate it - if it's Flash content I might not have seen it in Firefox, with Flashblock and NoScript running.

jcafcwbb
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution
jcafcwbb
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I think I have just fixed the error.

I checked my version of Google Chrome to see if it will help and it updated itself and the web advisor has stopped blocking content. I am not too sure why that would fix it but it has on the sites I have listed.

Am I able to state I have a correct answer based on that - first time on here and don't know the protocols.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now.  Moved this to the Webadvisor community as the best spot for it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community