Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10

Web Advisor Issue

Can someone please help me ?

I have had a problem with Mcafee Web Advisor for about 6 months now.

It started using too much memory about 6 months ago, and would crash my system.

The problem was found to be in a program called mcsacore.exe.

I opened a problem with Mcafee and they worked on it for a while, I had to disable Site Advisor ( by renaming file mcsacore.exe ) so that my computer would not crash.

Eventually they closed the issue, but I have never received a fix from them. I tried to e-mail and update the incident, but I received no response.

Site advisor is still disabled on my computer, and I would like to have it working again.

Can someone please help me ?

9 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10

Re: Web Advisor Issue

The problem that I opened for this can be found here:

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

Hi Peter

​                  The latest Version of Web Advisor is 4.0.5.124. Could you try uninstalling your current Version and going to the WebAdvisor Download  and reinstall. Kindly post back if this resolves your issues.

Actually your initial discussion has (not) been closed. If uninstalling/reinstalling does not resolve your current problems. It may be that we have to engage Selvan once again. I am running the current version with (Firefox) being my Browser and have no issues whatsoever.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

I uninstalled the version that I had ( control panel said it was 4.0.164 ), and installed the one I just downloaded from the link you supplied. Control panel says it is version 4.0.124 ( probably is the same as 4.0.5.124 ).

So far so good, I have not experienced the high memory usage so far. There is a process called mcsacore.exe running, and it is using 8 MB, which is quite small. I'll continue to watch it. Thank you for providing the update to my issue.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

You're quite welcome   Keep monitoring it and please let us know if your issues are resolved.

You can check your Web Advisor Version by opening your McAfee Interface or opening Web Advisor clicking on About.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Kane999
Contributor II
Message 7 of 10

I have the same problem with Webadvisor on FIREFOX - been a couple of months now and it does not show ticks - have uninstalled, reinstalled etc several time.

Any ideas?

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 10

You have posted on an old thead that probably is not monitored.

@Venkat_YM  can you help please

Venkat_YM
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Kane999 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please let us know the below details for better understanding to help you further.

Web advisor version
Firefox version

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911) US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

Kane999
Contributor II
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

sorry late reply but had a lovely holiday and am now rested again 🙂

Firefox Browser is up to date and is 120.0 (64 bit).

McAfee is .....

Extension version      8.1.0.4241

Binary version: 4.1.1.846

Affiliate ID: 0

And thank you for taking an interest in sorting this out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community