Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arunnadar
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Warning: Suspicious Site

Hi

MCAFEE Site adviser indicates one of my www.aptuslearning.com is Suspicious Site.

How can i remove this warning or how can i make my site safe?

Please see the attachment.

If my site has any risky content please inform me.

Regards

Arun Nadar

2 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Warning: Suspicious Site

Hello Arun and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

Until some of our more knowledgeable forum members and Moderators can arrive to review your post and provide you additional assistance, I will just give you my own preliminary findings regarding your website.

Please view the information at the link shown below.  This information is on the Securi website and indicates your site is blacklisted by McAfee because the Joomla version being used is outdated.

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/aptuslearning.com

This may be at least partially responsible for the yellow rating being generated by SiteAdvisor.  There could also be some other issue which I have not discovered as well.  I also note when I was on your site, and clicked on the [EXPLORE] button at the top of the page, of the 4 options shown in the drop-down menu, ONLY the very first one (at top left) actually works.  When I clicked on the other three, I received a "404" error - page not found.

For information on how to appeal your website's SiteAdvisor rating, please view the information provided by Moderator Peter (Ex-Brit) at the following link:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/66185#66185

The information there will tell you how to contact the SiteAdvisor staff.  Please note that due to the large volume of customers McAfee has (some 60 million)...it may take a little time to get your site's rating changed.  Once you have emailed Support to submit a ticket, you should receive an acknowledgement email back from them within an hour or less.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 2/7/13 4:22:21 AM EST
mvissche
Contributor III
Message 3 of 3

Re: Warning: Suspicious Site

Hi Arun, it looks like your website is no longer reporting a yellow warning anymore, please let me know if there are any further issues.

Cheers,

Mark - SiteAdvisor product manager

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community