cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 22

Re: WEBADVISOR WILL NOT RE-INSTALL

Jump to solution

I do not know my way around chome but In Firefox the tools  add on area should show WA in the extensions. Ensure it is enabled . same in Chrome I assume.

Ok click on the 3 dots top right Chrome and more too;s extensions and enable WA ie move the slider to right.

polly
Contributor III
Message 12 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi Peacekeeper

WA is already enabled in the extensions for Chrome & IE.  WA appears in Prog, & Features.  WA tool  bar does not show on top right corner of page and Safety Ticks do not show. 

It may be working in the background because a banner showed that a download was scanned and was safe. 

However, the first line of defence is the Green Safety Ticks.  I don't think that this  problem with the missing WA tool bar and Ticks is a first-time happening with WA for other people. 

Polly

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 22

Jump to solution

That is strange out of interest is the icon on Firefox? Check this before you call support as this is past my experience unless a another new uninstall reinstall is done and that helps ?

Call McAfee support

If Tier 1 support no chop ask for an escalation to a higher level.

polly
Contributor III
Message 14 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi Peacemaker

I do not have Firefox but the  Icon does not appear in Chrome,  IE  or Yahoo Safe Search.  I live in a small European mediterranean country and am reluctant to make expensive international calls to McAfee as I am an Old Age Pensioner. I have decided to wait a while and see if it fixes itself. This is what I have been told by a friend.    She had the same problem and the Icon and Safety ticks just came back.  Windows Updates are due out soon and sometimes this automatically fixes problems but, in the meantime, thank you for your help.

polly
Contributor III
Message 15 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi PeaceKeeper

Sorry.  My fault. I just this minute noticed your link  to McAfee Support.  I see  that I can get help without phoning.   However, I will still wait to see if WA fixes itself.  If not, I will uninstall and re-install again and see what happens. and then contact McAfee support, if necessary.   Thank you for all your help.

Polly

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 22

Jump to solution

IE does not show an icon even when manage add ons show it as enabled that is why I never use it.

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 22

Jump to solution

Ok got icon up in chrome ...click on jigsaw piece top right next to 3 dots and choose WA.  Go to its 3 dots and choose pin the icon should appear. My ticks were working so you might have another issue. You can try chat and get them to have a tech call you.

Oh I an 70 so a oldie and a mod here for 15 years till they decided we were not needed.

Let me know if you get things working please

Why is it I get Peacemaker in many posts funny but I was going to call myself that but it is a name of a gun so decided PK better

Ok another thread active with an experienced poster cyberdude posting read what he said re ticks

"

i went to the WA settings page and to Search result options. 

at default it was set to option 1 and no green ticks visible after search result.

i changed the setting from option 1

• Tell me if a search result is safe only in Secure Search 

to option 2

• Tell me if a search result is safe in any search engine

with option 2 there are green ticks after search result."

polly
Contributor III
Message 18 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi PeaceKEEPER (sorry)

Thanks. Did what you told me and now have WebAdvisor ICON showing on pages.  This is great.

I right-clicked on WA ICON to reach OPTIONS (settings) but Options is greyed out.   So, I cannot choose 'Tell me if a Search Result is safe in any search engine.  Until I can access Settings, I do not believe that I can get Green Safety Ticks to show.  I even right-clicked on WA in Extensions and Options are greyed out there also.

What?  Not needed at 70!   The help of Moderators is very much valued by Forum members.  

Polly

polly
Contributor III
Message 19 of 22

Jump to solution

Hi Peacekeeper

Update: 

Microsoft Edge - since messaging, I switched from IE to Microsoft Edge. I now have McAfee ICON and SAFETY TICKS in Edge. Success!
I enabled WA in Edge extensions and through WA Settings chose 'Tell me if a search result is safe in any Search Engine. The instructions you sent for Chrome applied to Edge also. Thank you.

Chrome - while, as you know,  I now get the ICON but  I don't get the SAFETY TICKS because WA settings (Options) via Chrome are greyed out. I suspect that Chrome is the problem in this case.

Polly

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 22

Jump to solution

Actually in Chrome and Firefox there is no right click to get options on icons anymore click on the green icon and top right click on the gear icon the choice is there

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community