cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdlf1024
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

WARNING: Don't Install SA v.28! It won't work..

...at least this is the way the SA plugin seems to be. Hidden and not working.
Note that this is OS-independent. On Windows and on Ubuntu I had it installed with FF3.0.5 and it does not work anymore. I know there are tons os topics talking about this and I wanted the admins to be aware of it and explain what is going on. Is this standalone version not supposed to work on FF anymore or is it just a bug?

If I could I would downgrade to v26.6 but right now..all the links from the users direct me to a download.com link that pushes me to the DL area from SA website, which gives me the current version (28)

Is there a workaround on this 'bug'?
Is SA leaving us or what?

Somebody explain...
4 Replies
mightyglydd
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

RE: WARNING: Don't Install SA v.28! It won't work..

Yes get rid of the infernal thing and install WOT.
Mcafee jumped the shark with that latest update, it's nothing more than invasive browser hijacking Spyware.
Nowhere does it inform users about the 8MB+ program, startup programs, services and toolbar it installs in another browser!!

Good luck getting rid of it, even if you uninstall Mcafee leave sneaky files all over your computer.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Is it still happening, because McAfee Site Advisor has been upgraded to a newer version now….
rdlf1024
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

As far as I know, it's still unknown for Linux OSes.
That's because the 'sasetup64.exe' file (installer located @MA DL page) is only available for Windows OS.
But on Windows XP, it worked out again. So far, at least.

NOTE: if you're going to manually install this file, you must first uninstall the current version being used on Firefox to avoid conflict or whatever. Just be careful and you'll be OK with it.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Not really you should be able to update the MSA (McAfee Site advisor) file if you are not getting the update for MSA then we have to uninstall the MSA (McAfee Site advisor from add and remove program) and then try to install it from website http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie.html

Regards
Bala
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community