Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wunbun
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Version 3.0.1.152

Hi,

Recently the McAfee SiteAdvisor Free on one of my PC's got updated automatically to version 3.0.1.152, but the SiteAdvisor on my other PC remains unchanged at v 2.9.258 (no update is available even when I manually check for update).

I did a search on version 3.0.1.152 and couldn't find it available anywhere.  Is this a genuine version?

Thanks.

Vista SP2

IE 7

Firefox 3.5.4

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Version 3.0.1.152

Yes it's slowly being released.  I guess it hasn't yet loaded to the server that your other machine is using for updates.

I only have that version in my Total Protection Beta rig, so even I haven't got it yet via the normal route.

wunbun
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Peter.  I was worried that something bogus got into my machine.  Cheers.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

You're welcome.   Funnily enough, mine just updated...so there we are!!

sladeus
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Presently, the direct download link for SiteAdvisor 3.0.1.152 Free is: https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/IE/upgrade/3.0.1/website/saSetup3.0.1.152.exe

FYI, a nifty trick for getting the latest version has worked thus far for me. On the SiteAdvisor icon on the IE/Firefox toolbar, choose "Get Latest Version." When the requested webpage pops up, look at the URL and change the "client_ver=" number to a higher number such as 5.0 or 9.0. It doesn't seem to matter what number you enter here as long as it is higher than 3 and has at least one decimal point. You will be given a link to "Reinstall Anyway" that is the most current version.

This is especially helpful for people who have 2.8 or 2.9 and are being told they already have the latest version.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Very interesting.  I'll pretend I didn't see that...!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community