cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Verizon Webmail problem due to McAfee site advisor?

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm starting a new thread because this problem has not been properly addressed by McAfee as far as I know. The Script problem when I try to compose an email is still unsolved. I also cannot reply to an email without a problem.

At first I thought it was the recent update for Internet Explorer 8 (KB 2416400), but no one is complaining about that update.

I have Windows XP service pack 3. installed on a Dell Inspiron 530 Computer.

I installed McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2011 a week ago from a disk, but the Verizon email problem was present before I did that.

Briefly after installing the McAfee product, the email problem corrected itself, and I noticed that the disk had installed an older version of site advisor  (site advisor 3.2  build 3.2.0.152 ).  About 2 days later I got an update for site advisor putting me back to the one I previously had. (site advisor 3.3 build 3.3.0.176) which I suspect is the version that is causing the script problem with Verizon Webmail.

Here is the message I get when trying to compose or reply to an email on Verizon ~ the message appears about 1 minute after giving me a blank screen with an hour glass for that minute:

"A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive.

Stop running this script?   Yes  No"

When I click on Yes  I am finally given the ability to write my email. This is a tedious process as the script message appears for each message I try to write.

I hope others having the email problem on Verizon Web Mail will chime in and maybe McAfee will figure out what's wrong with Site Advisor 3.3.0.176.

P.S. I did have a tech at Verizon look at my problem but all he did was re-set my IE 8 to default, which caused me different problems, before I could get it back to the way I needed IE to work properly on the websites I use.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Verizon Webmail problem due to McAfee site advisor?

Jump to solution

Ok ~ Verizon has made us switch from Classic webmail to Verizon Message Center.  I notice at least for now, I am able to compose emails and respond to emails without getting the script message.

I'm hoping all those who have Verizon / McAfee/Site Advisor  have also had the script problem resolved without having to disable Site Advisor and its BHO.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Verizon Webmail problem due to McAfee site advisor?

Jump to solution

Ok ~ Verizon has made us switch from Classic webmail to Verizon Message Center.  I notice at least for now, I am able to compose emails and respond to emails without getting the script message.

I'm hoping all those who have Verizon / McAfee/Site Advisor  have also had the script problem resolved without having to disable Site Advisor and its BHO.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community