cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWH803
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

V 2.8.292 fixes none of three defects

Free McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.8.292 running in IE7 with or without DropMyRights in my XP Home SP3 environment.

Defects Still Resolved:
Green “SiteAdvisor” icon stays in Preferred IE location.

Defects Still Remaining (These same defects were in Free McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.8.277😞
-Blue “About” pop-up won’t close.
-Blue “Settings” pop-up won’t close (therefore can only disable “join product improvement” option at install).
-Green “Show Balloon” pop-up won’t close manually but times out and goes away.

Double Bah!
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: V 2.8.292 fixes none of three defects

You seem to be very adept at getting newer versions before anyone else, but as you seem to be the only one with the balloons not closing issue could that be something else in your system causing it?

Do you have any rival software installed or any duplication in any browser add-ons?

As that would appear to be something that probably couldn't be solved on this forum it might be in your interest to open a ticket with Technical Support linked in my signature.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Paid McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.8.292 running in IE7 in my XP Pro SP3 environment

Defects fixed (Defects were in Free McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.8.277):
-Blue “About” pop-up closes when I click OK.
-Blue “Settings” pop-up closes when I click OK.
-Green “Show Balloon” pop-up closes when I click X.

Reset the Security level for this zone to Default level in Internet Options Security.
CWH803
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

The issues noted began with the failure of the “forced”, read without my advice or consent, of Free McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.6.000 with Free McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.8.277.

My recovery from the failed “forced” upgrade was removal of 2.8.277 using Add/Remove Programs and the McAfee removal tool, reboot, and then the controlled installation of 2.8.277. Upgrade to 2.8.292 was controlled and followed the above described method of removal followed by installation.

Seems these remaining issues may the result of my environment, as Ex_Brit suggests and Yo_Kenny’s post indirectly supports. But, the only obvious change in my environment is the version of SiteAdvisor.

With V 2.6.000 no issues, but both 2.8.277 & 2.8.292 show issues in this IE7 XP Home SP3 environment running the following:

IE7 7.0.5730.11:
DropMyRights v1.04.
No other IE browser toolbars than McAfee SiteAdvisor.
Phishing Filter set to run but not automatically check websites.
Customized IE7 Security settings with SpyBot S&D Immunize and SpywareBlaster “blocks”.
IE7 Pop-Up blocker running.

Realtime anti-malware tools:
ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.483.000 (includes web bug & Private Header blocking, 3rd party cookie blocking, pop-up & pop-under blocking and Ad blocking)
SpyBot Search & Destroy Teatimer 1.6.0.30
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.0.125

With V 2.8.277 issues begin. Maybe related to chagnes in Siteadvisor taht are effected by "privacy" blocking functions of ZoneAlarm Pro or IE7 security settings. None of these have changed, but SiteAdvisor has.

Can you suggest additional useful problem determination information?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community