cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWH803
Former Member
Message 1 of 18

V 2.8.277 fixes one of four defects

Free McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.8.277 running in IE7 with or without DropMyRights in my XP Home SP3 environment.

Defects Resolved:
Green “SiteAdvisor” icon stays in Preferred IE location.

Defects Remaining:
Blue “About” pop-up won’t close.
Blue “Show Balloon” pop-up won’t close manually but times out and goes away.
Blue “Settings” pop-up won’t close (therefore can only disable “join product improvement” option at install).

Bah!
17 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 18

RE: V 2.8.277 fixes one of four defects

Thanks for posting. Have you any reports of how it behaves in Firefox (being as SA Plus people can't seem to get that version....yet) as that seemed to be peoples' biggest complaint?
CWH803
Former Member
Message 3 of 18

Ex-brit asked "Have you any reports of how it behaves in Firefox?"

No, I don't run Firefox.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 18

Thanks. Wait and see I guess.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 5 of 18

Where does one get Free McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.8.277?
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 18

You need to get the free one from

www.siteadvisor.com

once you have installed it
Just wait for the 2.8.. its done Automatically... it might take 20 mins to up to one day.. depending on settings on your browser ,location and other settings
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 7 of 18

I still have have V 2.8.255

I un-installed the old SiteAdvisor then rebooted then downloaded the latest version and installed it but it is still the old version after 3 days.

It could be that I am using SiteAdvisor Plus as I did get the Plus version ages ago.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Please uninstall it via the add remove
reboot
then locate and delete siteadvisor folder under program files (sometimes its within McAfee folder).
once you have cleared the siteadvisor
reboot
then download either from your account or the free website and then let me know after a day.:)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 18

Mine just updated to 277 tonight. Two issues. In Firefox 3 it's back to its old place which is good but it now reacts with an add-on called "DragNDrop Toolbars" and makes all toolbars appear at the bottom of the screen. Disabling said add-on restores normality.

In IE7 if I click the little down arrow and select "About" the details open OK, but try to close them....impossible!
Click Close or the "x" and another IE7 webpage opens addressed sa:close. It seems to be an intermittent issue as next time it was OK.

Can't they ever get it right? (Now I'm getting teed off!).
justapeon
Former Member
Message 10 of 18

SiteAdvisor just showed up today, as part of the entire uninstall/reinstall of SC (don't ask, it was a nightmare).

I don't appreciate McAfee updating my toolbar without asking for permission (or even telling me, beforehand or after).

My version is 2.8.255. I hate to delete it, reboot, download because I have had my fill of McAfee today. 😄

Why did McAfee download an old version to me today? <crickets>
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community