Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Update Assistance Please

S.C 7.2
SA Free
Vista Prem.
IE7

Hi,

Just by chance I've noticed an update available for Site Advisor Free from v.2.6.0.6253 to v.2.6.0.6261 and hope you can help with a few questions please.

1. Whats changed in the new version?
  2. Is the update manual or automatic?
  3. If manual, do I install over the old version, or un-install the old version first and then install the new version?
  4. Is there any way to be notified automatically when a new version is released?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

RE: Update Assistance Please

1. Sorry, much as we'd like to know that information, they don't tell us anything.

2. The update should occur automatically, eventually, but you can do that yourself by clicking the small arrow at the right of the green button and selecting "Get Latest Version".
If that doesn't work then uninstall/reinstall.

3. No.
red_dawn
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi Peter,

Thanks you for your help, very much appreciated.

Weird coincidence, as I'm typing this reply, S.C has alerted me to Site Advisor accessing the Internet. I'll bet its updating.

Take care.:)

Just confirmed, updated to v.2.6.0.6261 as I was replying, Spooky eh...:eek:
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

I waved my magic wand....LOL
Philbee
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

i hope an update for firefox 3.0 is also in the works.....
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

SiteAdvisor 2.8 is in beta testing as we speak, but Firefox 3 wont be supported until it is out of beta itself.
Philbee
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

hopefully that won't be too long. my real player video downloader plugin is also not compatible with FF3.
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Dear Nicko,

We received your query enquiring about the update for SiteAdvisor from v.2.6.0.6253 to v.2.6.0.6261 . Thank you for contacting us.

1. The new build contains an update specifically for all users who have decided to be a part of our PIP program (Product Improvement Program) to support future SiteAdvisor releases. Please note that all users will get this update (v.2.6.0.6261). If the users have enrolled in our PIP program then they will be prompted for certain updates to test our beta products.
2. All SiteAdvisor Updates are automatic unless there is a change in our Privacy Policy, in which case the user would be notified. If the user decides to decline our Privacy Policy, then the user will not be upgraded/updated to the new version and will continue to have the old version that was already installed on the machine.
3. If you are installing manually, then both over-install would work fine. You can also un-install, reboot and re-install the new version. It would not make much difference.
4. Please refer point 2.

This release does not contain the patch for FireFox 3 RC1 since this update is only for IE. We've fixed the FireFox issue and will be releasing (separately) the patch shortly. Thank you for being patient.

Sincerely,
Praveen Rajaretnam
McAfee SiteAdvisor Consumer QA
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community