cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
getridofsiteadv
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Uninstall Siteadvisor

OK if I cant turn it off - how do I delete the thing off my PC? I dont want it - I never asked for it - I wasted half hour of my life searching your site looking for the uninstall help and registering to post this one message on this blog - HOW DO WE GET RID OF SITEADVISOR OFF OUR PC ??????????????
Tags (3)
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

RE: Uninstall Siteadvisor

You uninstall it the same way as any other software.
Go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs (Programs/Uninstall a Program in Vista) and look for McAfee Siteadvisor.
If it isn't mentioned separately then look for McAfee Security Center. Select thyat for uninstallation and a menu will then appear where you can choose which elements you want removed.
getridofsiteadv
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

its not in Add or Remove Programs

That was the first place I looked - Macfee Security Center is there but not the plug-in - so my question still stands: how do I get rid of SiteAdvisor?????????????????????????????//
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

RE: its not in Add or Remove Programs

Did you click McAfee Security Center and opt to remove it? It's at that stage that a menu should appear for removal of individual parts.

If it was installed separately then it may be listed as either McAfee Siteadvisor or just plain Siteadvisor further down the installed programme list.
DALEWAMSLEY57
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Re: RE: its not in Add or Remove Programs

It isn't in the security center or the remove programs

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Re: RE: its not in Add or Remove Programs

If McAfee SecurityCenter is listed in Programs/Uninstall a Program (assuming Vista which you mentioned you had elsewhere) then click that and a screen should appear eventually listing the components of the SecurityCenter and asking which ones you want to uninstall.

If it isn't listed there then your installation has become corrupted somehow so I recommend you uninstall everything and then run the MCPR removal tool linked under the Useful Links tab at the top of this page.  Reboot and reinstall only what you want form your account online using the custom method.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/04/10 9:50:13 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community