cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewarts
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Turn Off Site Advisor

I used to be able to disable Site Advisor from IE. However, it now automatically reinstalls itself every time there is an update.

Irritating.

Is there a way of permanently disabling it? If not, I'll be moving to one of McAfee's competitors when my subscription is due for renewal.

4 Replies
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Turn Off Site Advisor

I believe you can unstall it from control panel?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

IE > Tools > Manage Add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions >  Disable - that doesn't hold?  It should.

Otherwise I would uninstall it.  If it's part of a suite then in Control Panel > Programs etc.  click uninstall for the entire suite but then you should be asked what part to uninstall.

You can always install the free standalone later on if you wish.  I have two similar ones monitoring my browsers.  (SiteAdvisor and WoT).

andrewarts
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

SafeBoot,

No unfortunately it is not possible to uninstall. It is not a separate programme, just a feature within Total Protection.

Ex_Brit,

Sadly, no it doesn't hold. Despite removing it over and over, it always comes back with every update. I am not able to lock the 'disabled' status down in IE add-ons. Will try an uninstall the whole lot and see whether removing the individual feature will stick. Thanks.

Message was edited by: andrewarts on 17/06/14 14:21:51 CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

The MTP uninstall should give you the option just to remove SA.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community