cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
727stretch
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Too many bugs, I'm done with S.A.!!!

1) Cannot adjust the Site Advisor toolbar's position other than to the left of other toolbars
2) Site Advisor randomly turns gray and doesn't work/respond
3) Latest bug: When closing IE7 windows, there is a delay that sometimes results in a "Internet Explorer has stopped working and needs to restart" error. (When I disable S.A. in Internet Options -> Manage Add-Ons, this problem goes away...

There is another option called TrendSecure by Trend Micro - free - similar to S.A. I'm going to give it a try. I'd like to use S.A. but until the programmers actually listen to users and get their act together, I'm done with em!
4 Replies
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

RE: Too many bugs, I'm done with S.A.!!!

My SiteAdvisor was working fine and then started doing the same thing you described, including the situation with IE 7 delay and not responding.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

I don't know how many times I have to post in this forum but I think I've posted in at least 20 different places that McAfee are fully aware of the situation and are working on it. There's a sticky at the top of the forum stating what can be done in the meanwhile. Plus McAfee's servers have been breaking down all day, and as SA has to call home for site and link information, that has paralysed it anyway.

If it's Firefox you are using then it has its own add-on called WOT which does much the same as SA.

Look under Tools/Add-Ons/Get Add-Ons.
727stretch
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

No offense, but when you have a product that people like - and come to rely upon - and it messes up - no matter how many posts you make is going to shut people up.
Tools such as Site Advisor should be designed with "unobtrusiveness" as their primary goal behind the actual service they provide.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

I wholeheartedly agree with you.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community